newbie - visibroker and using IR

Raymond

Apr 8, 2001, 8:56:41 PM4/8/01
Hello,

I am using Visibroker 4.5 for Java. I am trying out a sample program from
"Java Programming with CORBA" 3rd edition by Gerald Brose et. al. (chapter
9, DII example)

I am trying to access the interface repository but my call to:
FullInterfaceDescription full_if_desc = if_def.describe_interface();
gives me the following run-time error:
org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0 completed: No
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.SE.read(SE.java:28)
at
com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl.handleReply(DelegateImpl.java:711)
at
com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl.invoke(DelegateImpl.java:606)
at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:294)
at
org.omg.CORBA._InterfaceDefStub.describe_interface(_InterfaceDefStub.java:18
1)
at DiiClient.main(DiiClient.java:89)

I can't for the life of me figure out why -- anyone have any ideas?
I have the osagent started, I have the IR started (using irep MyIRName
HelloWorld.idl)
and I've verified that I am able to obain the InterfaceDef by calling
InterfaceDefHelper.narrow(...)

Any help would be greatly, greatly(!) appreciated. Thanks!

Raymond

Jacob

Apr 16, 2001, 7:14:16 AM4/16/01
Hello Raymond,

Could you see if you have given the wrong operation name in your DII
invocation. I would say, its not the ORB which is making the mistake, it
must be the code. Well where could have been the mistake.

+ In the IDL file - the operation name was written wrongly.
+ In the Server side, you might be doing something wrong about how you
created an operation.
+ In the Client side, you will need to give the name of the operation
same as that which is given in the server side.

So long,

Jacob.