ORB InitializeError- java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

1 view

Ramesh Ankam

Oct 27, 2000, 3:46:00 PM10/27/00
Hi All,

I would like to access a CORBA object written in Visibroker 3.4 from an
session bean deployed in Weblogic Server5.1. I am experiencing some
problems at runtime to initialize ORB implementation? I have seen the
following error for first time, Can anyone suggest me the possible cause
for the following error ORB-InitializerError? Is it due to the call made
in an EJB? Any suggestions please !
Thanks, Ramesh
Error Follows:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't
instantiate default ORB implementation com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB
minor code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:305)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.<clinit>(ORB.java:202)
at examples.ejb.basic.piejb.EJBTest.getTestString(EJBTest.java:16)
at examples.ejb.basic.piejb.HelloBean.getString(HelloBean.java:118)
at
examples.ejb.basic.piejb.HelloBeanEOImpl.getString(HelloBeanEOImpl.java:56)

at
examples.ejb.basic.piejb.HelloBeanEOImpl_WLSkel.invoke(HelloBeanEOImpl_WLSkel.java:88)

at weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicServerObjectAdapter.invoke(Compiled
Code)
at
weblogic.rmi.extensions.BasicRequestHandler.handleRequest(BasicRequestHandler.java:69)

at
weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:15)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

Mike Wilson

Oct 29, 2000, 5:57:25 PM10/29/00
Hello,

"Ramesh Ankam" <Ramesh...@pwgsc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:39F9DB77...@pwgsc.gc.ca...

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to access a CORBA object written in Visibroker 3.4 from an
> session bean deployed in Weblogic Server5.1. I am experiencing some
> problems at runtime to initialize ORB implementation? I have seen the
> following error for first time, Can anyone suggest me the possible cause
> for the following error ORB-InitializerError? Is it due to the call made
> in an EJB? Any suggestions please !
> Thanks, Ramesh
> Error Follows:
>
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't
> instantiate default ORB implementation com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB
> minor code: 0 completed: No
> at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:305)

Considering you have an environment with EJB and stuff, are you sure that
you have Visibroker in your CLASSPATH?

The error message says something like "I am the ORB class bundled inside
the Java distribution. When you asked me to replace myself with the ORB
class named 'com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB' there was a problem.".
(It is standard procedure that you use the ORB class delivered with your
CORBA product instead of the one coming with Java.)
Possible causes are that the VB classes are missing in CLASSPATH or
that the name 'com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB' is incorrect. Or it could be
something else; I'm no expert on VB 3.4...

Good luck
Mike