DAK Offers $199 Roland GS Conforming Sound Card

David Lee Conrad

Sep 27, 1992, 1:00:22 AM9/27/92
Note: This posting serves to paraphrase an article on clari.nb.ibm.

This sounds pretty good-maybe too good for serious musicians. I would
like to see some discussion of this new product. Let us know what you
think or share some additional information.

Years ago I received the DAK catalog. It's fun. Each product has its own page.
The descriptions are colorful and informative. Good prices and good selection
of electronic gadgets. Let us know if you have their number or address.

CANOGA CALIFORNIA, 9/22/92. DAK Industries has announced a new sound card
officials claim equal or surpass the Roland or Turtle Beach Cards costing
$1000. The BSR Mediamaster is offered for $199.

Features: MS Windows 3.1 Comp, 384 KB on-board RAM, on-board mcroprcssor
44.1 sampling, vector-based, 16 bit dual d/a convertors, cd quality
line in/out jacks

Requirements: 386-SX or Higher PC Compatible Computer
MS Windows 3.1, 2 meg RAM, 16 bit slot, VGA, Headphones

Extras: Monolouge: Speech Synthesis Software
Midi Braker Box $50
Mentor: On-Line Tutor
Band in a Box: Computer Rhythm Section
AdLib and SB Dos Compatiblity Software ($50, NON-WINDOWS)
100 Digital Clips $30
Microphone $30
Amplified Speakers $130

From: David L. Conrad, Music Education Student, University of Illinois