Can't log into OneDrive.app

John Hill

Feb 10, 2017, 9:22:14 AM2/10/17
I seem to be unable to log into OneDrive.app on my iPad Mini.

I enter my e-mail address, and continue. The usual "Wait a minute" comes
up and the screen to enter my password opens.

But when I do so and continue I get a dialog that says
"Sign-in required
There's a problem with the sign-in info
for (null). Please try signing in again.
OK"
and when I click OK the screen goes blank apart from a little timing
indicator, which continues indefinitely (or at least, for many hours).

I am fully up-to-date with IOS 10 and have tried deleting and
reinstalling OneDrive.app

There is nothing wrong with my email address/password combination, for I
can sign in to the OneDrive web site (as long as the app is not present)
with no problem.

Are you experiencing this problem? Can anyone recommend a solution?

J.

--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.

p.poo...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 1:58:55 PM2/14/17
I Have the same problem and cant figure out how to solve.

John Hill

Feb 15, 2017, 4:40:28 AM2/15/17
I have been in contact with the OneDrive support, but they seemed unable
to help much.

However, I did eventually manage to log into OneDrive.app. Suport asked
me to clarify a number of points:
• Make sure you are using the correct account to login to the OneDrive
app.
•Try it once more for us if you wouldn't mind and let us know if it
worked or if the error message has changed.
• Note, that you can only use 1 Personal OneDrive account on the device
at a time.
• Check if issue persists on a different connection (e.g. 4G / Wifi).
•If you are able to sign-in with same credentials in web browser at
https://onedrive.live.com
• Check if issue affects another Microsoft account.
I did some expermentation and replied:
* I have only one Microsoft account.

* I have tried it again with mixed results.
1. I clicked on the OneDrive.live.com link and to my utter astonishment
OneDrive.app opened and loaded my folders, with no need to enter name or
password. I left it to upload my photos, which it did.
2. I then signed out and attempted to sign in again - exactly the same
problem as before.
3. I went back to your email and clicked on the link; this took me to
OneDrive.app and the blank loading screen. After waiting several minutes
I double-clicked my home button and stopped OneDrive.app.
4. I returned to Mail and clicked the link again. OneDrive.app opened
and this time let me sign in successfully.

* As noted above, I have only one Microsoft account.

* My iPad connects to the internet via Wifi only. There is no
alternative.

* I can sign into Skype and Outlook.app with no problem. I do not
normally use either on my iPad.

* I can sign into the OneDrive web site on my iMac, and on the iPad if
OneDrive.app is not installed.

* As noted above, I have only one Microsoft account.

One additional point: when I deliberately enter an incorrect password,
OneDrive.app detects and rejects it at once. The problem only arises
when the correct username and password are used. The bug must trigger
after the password is accepted as correct.

So you might try going to https://onedrive.live.com in Safari and
letting it launch OneDrive.app (which it should do), and trying to log
in then.

I have not attempted to tinker further.

Oh, and don't forget to put out a saucer of milk for the little people
first!

John.

Bruce Esquibel

Feb 15, 2017, 5:14:00 PM2/15/17
John Hill <ne...@erewhon.invalid> wrote:

> I have not attempted to tinker further.

You are wasting your time, the app is broken.

Go to the app store, find the app, look at the reviews sorting by date,
most recent.

Nothing but complaints since the last update, same thing, can't login or
if it takes the login, blank screen with the gear turning, never loads.

With Microsoft the problem is always somewhere else beside their software.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

Davoud

Feb 16, 2017, 12:06:20 AM2/16/17
Bruce Esquibel:
> You are wasting your time, the app is broken.
>
> Go to the app store, find the app, look at the reviews sorting by date,
> most recent.
>
> Nothing but complaints since the last update, same thing, can't login or
> if it takes the login, blank screen with the gear turning, never loads.
>
> With Microsoft the problem is always somewhere else beside their software.
>
> -bruce

Hmmm. I have just installed the current OneDrive update on my five
iPads and two iPhones. Logged in and it works like a charm, all
devices. From where I stand it seems as if Microsoft recognized there
was a problem in the software and fixed it. The view from where you
stand may differ, of course.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

John Hill

Feb 16, 2017, 2:33:57 AM2/16/17
The most recent review is probably mine…

As I said in my reply to p.pooyanfar, I've now got it working.

But I agree, it is broken. Why not whinge to OneDrive Support? The more
that do, the more likely they are to take note.

John Hill

Feb 16, 2017, 2:33:58 AM2/16/17
Davoud <st...@sky.net> wrote:

> Bruce Esquibel:
> > You are wasting your time, the app is broken.
> >
> > Go to the app store, find the app, look at the reviews sorting by date,
> > most recent.
> >
> > Nothing but complaints since the last update, same thing, can't login or
> > if it takes the login, blank screen with the gear turning, never loads.
> >
> > With Microsoft the problem is always somewhere else beside their software.
> >
> > -bruce
>
> Hmmm. I have just installed the current OneDrive update on my five
> iPads and two iPhones. Logged in and it works like a charm, all
> devices. From where I stand it seems as if Microsoft recognized there
> was a problem in the software and fixed it. The view from where you
> stand may differ, of course.

Do use a mobile connection or WiFi? My problems were with WiFi.

If Microsoft have fixed it, why is the App Store copy not updating the
rest of us?

It's probably some silly little bug in OneDrive.app that they can't find
(probably because not enough people complain, and even fewer do any
tinkering with).

Lewis

Feb 16, 2017, 7:48:13 AM2/16/17
I just logged in to One Drive on my iPad without an issue.

However, there was an app update within the last couple of days, so
maybe something was fixed? I generally only use Onedrive from the
Wintendo and the web, so if there was a problem earlier I wouldn't have
noticed.

Are you on WiFi? Do you have two-factor authentication?

--
History had wanted surgery. Sometimes Dr Chopper is the only surgeon to
hand. There's something final about an axe.

Davoud

Feb 16, 2017, 8:46:46 PM2/16/17
\ Bruce Esquibel:
> > > You are wasting your time, the app is broken.
> > >
> > > Go to the app store, find the app, look at the reviews sorting by date,
> > > most recent.
> > >
> > > Nothing but complaints since the last update, same thing, can't login or
> > > if it takes the login, blank screen with the gear turning, never loads.
> > >
> > > With Microsoft the problem is always somewhere else beside their software.

Davoud:
> > Hmmm. I have just installed the current OneDrive update on my five
> > iPads and two iPhones. Logged in and it works like a charm, all
> > devices. From where I stand it seems as if Microsoft recognized there
> > was a problem in the software and fixed it. The view from where you
> > stand may differ, of course.

John Hill:
> Do use a mobile connection or WiFi? My problems were with WiFi.

I use WiFi on my iPads and cellular + WiFi on iPhones.

> If Microsoft have fixed it, why is the App Store copy not updating the
> rest of us?

I can't answer that.

> It's probably some silly little bug in OneDrive.app that they can't find
> (probably because not enough people complain, and even fewer do any
> tinkering with).

Since I don't have the problem that you have, I can't address that
remark. I can, however, note that when I had a problem with an app on
my iPhone I deleted it and re-downloaded it and the problem was fixed.

John Hill

Feb 17, 2017, 11:56:14 AM2/17/17
Usually that works, but not in this case :-( I deleted and reinstalled
it several times.

It's working for me at the moment and until it breaks again…

John Hill

Feb 17, 2017, 11:56:14 AM2/17/17
Lewis <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> However, there was an app update within the last couple of days, so
> maybe something was fixed? I generally only use Onedrive from the
> Wintendo and the web, so if there was a problem earlier I wouldn't have
> noticed.

So there is!

Now that is interesting…

I raised the problem on 11 February.

They replied with a list of points to check on the same day.

I replied on 12 February with my findings (as quoted in my post of 15
Feb 2017 09:40:27).

They replied on 13 February saying:
"We are glad to know that your issue is resolved and really appreciate
your efforts.
We will surely share your feedback with our engineering team. However,
we would like to inform you that it normally happens if the app is not
updated or if there is a network issue."

On 15 February there is an update specifically directed at the login
problem.

I wonder...

Maybe I provided a clue, or maybe it was just the last straw.

Anyway, let's hope that the problem is now fixed for everyone.

p.pooyanfar, have you downloaded the update, and if so, can you now log
in?

Bruce Esquibel

Feb 20, 2017, 11:19:47 AM2/20/17
John Hill <ne...@erewhon.invalid> wrote:

> I seem to be unable to log into OneDrive.app on my iPad Mini.

For what it's worth, a new version was released this morning (feb 20) that
is supposed to solve the issue.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

dmm...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 5:14:40 PM7/18/17
It's back. Was working for me, but now on my iPhone it opens the app and I can see files, but then they send me to live to login and I login and it takes me back to the app, loads the files then sends me back to live to login again on a continuous loop! Why does Dropbox never have these issues? I was in the process of switching to the OneDrive service from Dropbox, but I think I need to rethink that. This appears to be a reoccurring issue and I need access to files at all times.

stephenjo...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2018, 2:23:26 PM4/8/18
Hi John,

This sorted the problem for me.