Found all files of app.

Joe rock

Sep 28, 2016, 2:10:08 PM9/28/16

Hello,

I have a brand phone rooted , and I want delete the branded app.
How may I found all files of a icona application ?

Thx

Algeria Horan

Oct 3, 2016, 7:40:20 PM10/3/16
Don't know the answer because I never rooted an Android phone, but I do
know that the APK can easily be archived with any free backup-and-restore
program.

The APK seems to be just a "zip" file (although I never looked inside of
one myself), so, if it's just a zip file, then it should contain *all* the
files installed.

Just rename it *.zip and use any unzip utility, for example.

Since you want to delete the *existing* (factory installed) apps, then you
can hit the "system apps" button in your backup-and-restore solution, which
saves an APK of the *system* apps (including all the original apps that
came with the mobile device), AFAIK.

I just hit that system button and it saved 245 system apps' APKs, which
didn't include the 200 or so apps that I manually installed previously.

So, if my idea works, you need two things only:
a. Any free backup program that backs up system APKs
(mine is mobi.infolife.appbackup freeware)
b. A way to look *inside* the APK
(looks like it's easy since it's just a zip file)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3599210/view-content-of-apk-file
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3868768/extracting-android-apk-and-reading-contents-of-xml-file-in-res-layout
https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-dissect-an-android-application--cms-26178
etc.

Joe rock

Oct 6, 2016, 3:49:47 PM10/6/16
Algeria Horan <algeri...@algeriahoran.net> ha scritto:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:10:08 +0200, Joe rock wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a brand phone rooted , and I want delete the branded app.
>> How may I found all files of a icona application ?
>>
>> Thx
>
> Don't know the answer because I never rooted an Android phone, but I do
> know that the APK can easily be archived with any free backup-and-restore
> program.

which could be a way to find apps. with p2p ?

> The APK seems to be just a "zip" file (although I never looked inside of
> one myself), so, if it's just a zip file, then it should contain *all* the
> files installed.
>
> Just rename it *.zip and use any unzip utility, for example.

I'm not interested for now to the .apk structure, I'll found an
application that disinstall the system program , but it don't say
the files.
Its name is ROM Toolbox Pro

> Since you want to delete the *existing* (factory installed) apps, then you
> can hit the "system apps" button in your backup-and-restore solution, which
> saves an APK of the *system* apps (including all the original apps that
> came with the mobile device), AFAIK.
>
> I just hit that system button and it saved 245 system apps' APKs, which
> didn't include the 200 or so apps that I manually installed previously.
>
> So, if my idea works, you need two things only:
> a. Any free backup program that backs up system APKs
> (mine is mobi.infolife.appbackup freeware)
> b. A way to look *inside* the APK
> (looks like it's easy since it's just a zip file)
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3599210/view-content-of-apk-file
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3868768/extracting-android-apk-and-reading-contents-of-xml-file-in-res-layout
> https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-dissect-an-android-application--cms-26178
> etc.

Fiddle around don't like me much, I prefer more serious mode.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Algeria Horan

Oct 6, 2016, 8:40:54 PM10/6/16
Joe rock wrote:

> I'm not interested for now to the .apk structure, I'll found an
> application that disinstall the system program , but it don't say
> the files.
> Its name is ROM Toolbox Pro

I'm glad you found an app to do what you needed:

ROM Toolbox Pro by JRummy Apps Inc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolboxpro

The web page "says" you can email the developers for support:
"For fast and friendly support please email us at jrumm...@gmail.com.
We will be glad to help answer your questions or concerns."

They even list their competitors, which might also work for you:
"ROM Toolbox combines apps like Titanium Backup, ROM Manager,
Root Explorer, SetCPU, MetaMorph, Autorun Manager,
Terminal Emulator, Script Manager, SD Booster, BuildProp Editor,
Font Installer, Boot Animation Installer & many more apps into
an all-in-one app!"

Personally, I *hate* all-in-one apps, simply for the same reason I almost
never use an all-in-one tool in my garage unless it's the *only* tool that
I have, preferring to use the KISS dedicated tools instead.

Looking at the long list of what ROM Toolbox Pro does, it says:
* Freeze/Defrost system & user apps

I'm not sure was freezing and defrosting means, but *that* might be what
you need.

Here is a supposedly "cracked" version of ROM Toolbox Pro, but personally,
I don't know enough to know if it can be trusted not to be a trojan...
https://onhax.me/rom-toolbox-pro-cracked-apk
https://onhax.me/rom-toolbox-pro

That blurb says what the tool can do, but I don't see anything in there
that you can't do on your own *without* the tool - but maybe I'm too used
to being admin on Linux.

Maybe others can explain, from "my" perspective (as a Linux user):
What does ROM Toolbox Pro actually do that you can't already do from the
Android command line of an already rooted phone using basic Linux commands
like "rm -rf" and "chmod 777" and "mv" and "ls", etc.?