Xiaomi Pocophone F1 UK release date?

Dan

Sep 8, 2018, 5:08:14 AM9/8/18
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 UK release date?

Any information?

VanguardLH

Sep 8, 2018, 2:32:16 PM9/8/18
Dan wrote:

> Xiaomi Pocophone F1 UK release date?
> Any information?

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-product/mobile-phone/pocophone-f1-3680318/

Guess when you can order it locally or from an e-store with a local
presence depends on when UK sellers decide to carry that product and
when they get it in stock. Of course, you could find a non-local
seller, like in India, and pay the international shipping.

So where did you search for UK availability? I checked amazon.co.uk and
ebay.co.uk and some sellers have it listed there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_price-desc-rank?keywords=pocophone&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apocophone&qid=1536430559&sort=price-desc-rank
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpocophone.TRS0&_nkw=pocophone&_sacat=0&chrome_dont_add_custom_search_engines_srsly=

Some sellers want to have a presence despite listing "out of stock" and
many have low inventory. They're selling fast although users are buying
by specs rather than reputation and history of the product. Also, some
sellers are advertising outside their market as long as the buyer is
willing to pay the internation shipping (the eBay seller is in Hong Kong
which is getting a supply, so they're selling to elsewhere although
having to go through customs will delay the delivery).

Keeping it in stock is the problem. I see Chinese sellers that are
listing the product but note that they are waiting for restocking, like:

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-8GB-256GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1343415.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=HK

With the demand and with a 17-day old product, stocking is a problem.
This site lists some sellers:

http://www.china-prices.com/phone/13412/xiaomi-pocophone-f1

You could also try Google's Shopping site (aka Froogle) at:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=shop&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=xioami+pocophone&oq=xioami+pocophone&gs_l=products-cc.3...1885.9562.0.9730.22.8.1.13.0.0.73.519.8.8.0....0...1ac.1.34.products-cc..14.8.474.EMjxDDPjYBg&chrome_dont_add_custom_search_engines_srsly=

Theo

Sep 8, 2018, 3:32:33 PM9/8/18
VanguardLH <V...@nguard.lh> wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>
> > Xiaomi Pocophone F1 UK release date?
> > Any information?
>
> https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-product/mobile-phone/pocophone-f1-3680318/
>
> Guess when you can order it locally or from an e-store with a local
> presence depends on when UK sellers decide to carry that product and
> when they get it in stock. Of course, you could find a non-local
> seller, like in India, and pay the international shipping.

Since it's been announced in other EU countries, it's possible to order it
from Amazon there - last time I did that, I think there was free shipping to
the UK. It's fewer Euro in Italy than it is pounds in the UK:
https://www.amazon.it/Xiaomi-pocophone-64-GB-Dual-BLACK/dp/B07GTD2XDF/
(cheapest seller says 2-3 days)

But even with VAT, still substantial markup over the list price.

Theo

Dan

Sep 9, 2018, 8:12:54 AM9/9/18
On 08 Sep 2018 20:32:31 +0100 (BST), Theo
Thanks to all, aliexpress has an official Xiaomi store. Strange thing
is, their main English web page lists the phone, but when I try to
click to buy it from an official dealer. The button does not work.

Theo

Sep 23, 2018, 6:01:34 AM9/23/18
Dan <no...@nonedan.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all, aliexpress has an official Xiaomi store. Strange thing
> is, their main English web page lists the phone, but when I try to
> click to buy it from an official dealer. The button does not work.

Looks like it's now available:
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-pocophone-finally-shipping-from-uk-at-decent-price-29997-30492-delivered-appliances-direct-3056217