SHA-2

roncha...@googlemail.com

Apr 16, 2015, 8:55:44 AM4/16/15
Hi

I am currently using certificates sighned/hashed with SHA-1.
I would like to start using certificates sighned/hashed with SHA-2.

I'm using sendmail version 8.14.5.
was just wondering if sendmail supports SHA-2 ok.

Thanks

Claus Aßmann

Apr 16, 2015, 9:40:04 AM4/16/15
> I'm using sendmail version 8.14.5.

Oh wow, that's only 4 years old...

> was just wondering if sendmail supports SHA-2 ok.

If you use a recent OpenSSL version: yes.
You also should to update to 8.14.9 or 8.15:

8.14.8/8.14.8 2014/01/26
Properly initialize all OpenSSL algorithms for versions before
OpenSSL 0.9.8o. Without this SHA2 algorithms may not
work properly, causing for example failures for certs
that use sha256WithRSAEncryption as signature algorithm.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

roncha...@googlemail.com

Apr 16, 2015, 11:11:03 AM4/16/15
Cool - Thanks