nullclient and MASQUERADE_AS()

Hauke Fath

Apr 6, 2017, 9:59:57 AM4/6/17

I have a machine (fqdn 'A') which, in the way of feature/nullclient.mc,
should forward any and all outgoing mail to a smarthost (fqdn 'B') - no
local mail accounts. Addresses @A as well as local addresses (root,
operator & friends) should be masquerated as @'C'.

The relevant parts of the configuration I came up with (little more than
an adapted nullclient.mc) are

undefine(`ALIAS_FILE')

define(`LOCAL_RELAY', `B')
define(`SMART_HOST', `B')

MASQUERADE_AS(`C')

FEATURE(`allmasquerade')
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')

This setup masquerades the sender address correctly as @C. But to my
surprise, local (unqualified) recipient addresses are rewritten to

john -> john@B (the smarthost)

intead of the exoected

john -> john@C (the domain to masquerade as).

The smarthost doesn't like this, since those users dom't exist there.

While I suspect the error of my ways must be glaringly obvious, I cannot
see it. Anyone?

Cheerio,
Hauke

--