opendkim signing vs 8bitmime

Carl Byington

May 2, 2017, 10:25:07 AM5/2/17

Claus Aßmann

May 2, 2017, 11:10:59 AM5/2/17
Carl Byington wrote:

> Is there a way to prevent sendmail from doing any 7to8 (or 8to7) bit
> conversions, and just send the message the way opendkim signed it?

See the fine docs:

5.4. M -- Define Mailer
8 If set, it is acceptable to send eight bit data to
this mailer; the usual attempt to do 8->7 bit MIME
conversions will be bypassed.

9 If set, do limited 7->8 bit MIME conversions.
These conversions are limited to text/plain data.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous