Intercept and redirect email from a particular user

ron.j...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2016, 7:46:52 PM8/29/16

We've got a guy sending a bunch of our admins abusive and threatening email. Legal and the police would like us to intercept any email coming from that guys address (yes, I know he could change it, but doubt he will anytime soon), and silently redirect it to a police email address, where they'll monitor it for escalation, or signs he's coming into the area.

What's the easiest way to do this? I can think of several if I was redirecting the to, but not the from.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Claus Aßmann

Aug 30, 2016, 3:50:03 PM8/30/16
> police would like us to intercept any email coming from that guys address (yes, I know he

Custom rules... search for "sender based routing", that should
give you a good starting point.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

Robin

Sep 3, 2016, 6:20:09 AM9/3/16
On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:46:50 -0700, ron.jarrell wrote:

> Legal and the police would like us to intercept any email coming from
> that guys address

To forward to one recipient:

In virtusertable:

recipient@yourdomain police@theirdomain

Or to forward to more than one recipient use aliases:

In virtusertable:

recipient@yourdomain local_alias_badboy

In aliases:

local_alias_badboy: address1@domain1, address2@domain2 [,more...]

In access:

To:local_alias_badboy@ DISCARD

Not forgetting to remake the db('s) and restart sendmail!

HTH