notification if an email is sent between QUEUEWARN and QUEUERETURN

Marcus Schopen

Apr 11, 2017, 6:04:03 AM4/11/17

is there a way to sent a notification to the sender if an email is successfully sent after QUEUEWARN but before QUEUERETURN?

Ciao
Marcus

Claus Aßmann

Apr 11, 2017, 11:59:26 AM4/11/17
Marcus Schopen wrote:

> is there a way to sent a notification to the sender if an email is successfully sent after
> QUEUEWARN but before QUEUERETURN?

Not directly (within sendmail).

You could use the NOTIFY SMTP extension to request a delivery notification.

Or you could write a program to monitor the mail queue and send the
alerts which you want, e.g., if mail is in the queue after QUEUEWARN:
store that information in some persistent DB, and if that mail is gone
before QUEUERETURN, send the notification.

Or you could hack sendmail to add the desired functionality...

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous