Οι Ομάδες Google δεν υποστηρίζουν πλέον νέες αναρτήσεις ή εγγραφές στο Usenet. Το ιστορικό περιεχόμενο παραμένει ορατό.

Custom accept message...

16 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

Grant Taylor

μη αναγνωσμένη,
2 Δεκ 2017, 1:20:38 π.μ.2/12/17
ως
Is it possible to return custom messages when accepting a message?

I'd like to return a custom message when I accept a message into a spam
trap. I.e.

250 Your message has been delivered to a spam trap.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

NoS...@notreal.com

μη αναγνωσμένη,
2 Δεκ 2017, 9:12:28 μ.μ.2/12/17
ως
In article <ovtgs4$b6q$1...@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>,
gta...@tnetconsulting.net says...

> Is it possible to return custom messages when accepting a message?
>
> I'd like to return a custom message when I accept a message into a spam
> trap. I.e.
>
> 250 Your message has been delivered to a spam trap.

You might want to be careful returning a message like that "after" the
mail has been accepted. In some circles that might be considered a form
of "backscatter", particularly if it is automated and happens
frequently. Your mail server in extreme cases could even end up on a
DNSBL such as ips.backscatterer.org.

I much prefer a message in my maillog that states something similar to

ruleset=check_relay, arg1=[185.229.227.5], arg2=127.0.0.2, relay=
[185.229.227.5],
reject=550 5.7.1 Rejected 185.229.227.5 found at cbl.abuseat.org

or

ruleset=check_relay, arg1=[190.223.59.18], arg2=127.0.0.2, relay=
[190.223.59.18],
reject=550 5.7.1 Rejected 190.223.59.18 found at b.barracudacentral.org

It is not considered back scatter since the mail was not even accepted.
If by the chance the sender does see a rejection notice, they will know
there is absolutely no chance that anyone will read that particular
piece of spam - which does not break my heart. ;)

Grant Taylor

μη αναγνωσμένη,
2 Δεκ 2017, 10:39:59 μ.μ.2/12/17
ως
On 12/02/2017 07:12 PM, NoS...@notreal.com wrote:
> You might want to be careful returning a message like that "after" the
> mail has been accepted. In some circles that might be considered a form
> of "backscatter", particularly if it is automated and happens
> frequently. Your mail server in extreme cases could even end up on a
> DNSBL such as ips.backscatterer.org.

I feel the need to clarify that I'm wanting to return a free form text
message as part of the SMTP dialog, not send a follow up email.

I.e.

EHLO spammer.example
2xx Hi nice to meet you spammer.
MAIL FROM:<spa...@spammer.example>
2xx Message accepted from <spa...@spammer.example>
RCPT TO:<vic...@innocent.example>
2xx Poor innocent victim.
DATA
1xx You know the drill.
<bla>
<bla>
<bla>
.
2xx Thank you for feeding this spam trap.
QUIT
2xx Bye bye.

The message would purely be used for populating a spam trap and NEVER be
sent to anyone. I don't want to Joe Job a spoofed / purported sender.

Claus Aßmann

μη αναγνωσμένη,
3 Δεκ 2017, 5:54:37 π.μ.3/12/17
ως
Grant Taylor wrote:
> Is it possible to return custom messages when accepting a message?

See the fine source code:
#if _FFR_MSG_ACCEPT
/* allow to override "Message accepted for delivery" */

> I'd like to return a custom message when I accept a message into a spam
> trap. I.e.

So the message would be only for some mails?
Then the answer is: probably not... but check out what doexpand()
does, it might be possible using macros:

Macros are interpolated using the construct $x,
where x is the name of the macro to be interpolated.
This interpolation is done when the configuration file
is read, except in M lines. The special construct $&x
can be used in R lines to get deferred interpolation.

Conditionals can be specified using the syntax:

$?x text1 $| text2 $.

This interpolates text1 if the macro $x is set and
non-null, and text2 otherwise. The "else" ($|) clause
may be omitted.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

NoS...@notreal.com

μη αναγνωσμένη,
3 Δεκ 2017, 11:24:08 π.μ.3/12/17
ως
In article <ovvrqv$hsl$1...@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>,
gta...@tnetconsulting.net says...
My apologies. Your first post made me think the message had been
accepted first. I should have known better since I have seen you post
frequently.

Grant Taylor

μη αναγνωσμένη,
3 Δεκ 2017, 2:48:48 μ.μ.3/12/17
ως
On 12/03/2017 09:24 AM, NoS...@notreal.com wrote:
> My apologies. Your first post made me think the message had been
> accepted first. I should have known better since I have seen you post
> frequently.

550 Apology unnecessary. ;-)

I would much rather have someone question what I'm doing and cause me to
think about it for a few more minutes, possibly ~> hopefully finding the
flaw in my plan than to simply have yes people around me.

Grant Taylor

μη αναγνωσμένη,
3 Δεκ 2017, 3:00:17 μ.μ.3/12/17
ως
On 12/03/2017 03:54 AM, Claus Aßmann wrote:
> See the fine source code:
> #if _FFR_MSG_ACCEPT
> /* allow to override "Message accepted for delivery" */

So it is possible to change the message binary wide.

> So the message would be only for some mails?

Ideally, yes.

> Then the answer is: probably not... but check out what doexpand()
> does, it might be possible using macros:
>
> Macros are interpolated using the construct $x,
> where x is the name of the macro to be interpolated.
> This interpolation is done when the configuration file
> is read, except in M lines. The special construct $&x
> can be used in R lines to get deferred interpolation.
>
> Conditionals can be specified using the syntax:
>
> $?x text1 $| text2 $.
>
> This interpolates text1 if the macro $x is set and
> non-null, and text2 otherwise. The "else" ($|) clause
> may be omitted.

It sounds like macros as a technique have the ability to do what I want
as long as I can arrange for $x to be non-null / null conditionally
based on the criteria for some mails.

My current big unknown (among others) is if such a conditional macro
applies to giving the final reply when receiving email.

I have an exceptionally bad understanding of the inner workings of
sendmail and the interpretations of the rule sets & macros.

It sounds like it may technically be possible, but likely not worth it
to return a "2xx Thank you for feeding the spam trap." message on
specific messages.
0 νέα μηνύματα