Sendmail: User Address Required

craig...@my-deja.com

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00

Im upgrading from postfix to sendmail. Whenever I
start sendmail and start to receive mail this is
what I end up with <user@domain> User Address
required.

Usernames seem to be present in /etc/passwd and
it works fine under postfix.

Any thoughts / ideas ??

Craig Marchant

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

craig...@my-deja.com

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00

im currently upgrading from postfix to sendmail.
When i start sendmail and try to receive email i get <user@domain> User
Address Required.

I've checked that the user exists locally on the computer, and the
strange thing is that it works fine with postfix.

Any ideas / suggestions ??

Craig

Per Hedeland

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
In article <8iqr88$dp3$1...@nnrp1.deja.com> craig...@my-deja.com writes:
>im currently upgrading from postfix to sendmail.
>When i start sendmail and try to receive email i get <user@domain> User
>Address Required.
>
>I've checked that the user exists locally on the computer, and the
>strange thing is that it works fine with postfix.
>
>Any ideas / suggestions ??

You probably have a broken sendmail.cf - make sure that you build it
from a .mc file and don't try to hand-edit it unless you're an expert.
That error message is normally (i.e. with a non-broken sendmail.cf)
given when sendmail encounters an address of the form '@domain', i.e.
lacking the user-part.

--Per Hedeland
p...@erix.ericsson.se