building from sources with a PREFIX

Harry Putnam

Dec 13, 2016, 5:40:41 AM12/13/16
When building sendmail from sources how can I tell the build process
to build in a directory of my chosing... and to install there too.

Something along the line of the gnu ./configure option
--prefix=/my/dir

[Which would cause the software to be built in /my/dir. Calling `make
install' (in top level of gnu sftware sources) would then cause the
build process to create whatever directories it needs starting at
/my/dir/]

Is there a similar option to `cd [...]/sendmail-X.XX/sendmail/'
sh ./Build

Claus Aßmann

Dec 13, 2016, 5:52:18 AM12/13/16
Harry Putnam wrote:
> When building sendmail from sources how can I tell the build process
> to build in a directory of my chosing... and to install there too.

See devtools/README for the various options.
It seems the "install" part is covered, for the "build here" it
might be a bit complicated (and I don't see a real need for it).

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous