Re: What is the expected behavior for SendMail if 8-bit characters show up in a message/rfc822 subsection? Is this not supported?

Claus Aßmann

Jun 21, 2016, 1:25:03 PM6/21/16
Mike B wrote:
> I'm using SendMail 8.14.4. Recently I've noticed specific emails becoming malformed after passing through Sendmail.
^ ^ ^

It's "sendmail"...

For those who follow all these separate postings (without replies to questions...):
It looks like the "client" uses
MAIL FROM:<SENDER@DOMAIN> SIZE=319526 BODY=7BIT
^^^^
but then sends a body with characters that have the eight bit set.
So these mails are "malformed" when they reach sendmail.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous