access: GreetPause and REJECT

di.han...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2017, 12:32:27 PM11/29/17

Dear All,

I have a "GreetPause" definition in access.db which works fine.
There are also some IP which are rejected. Works fine too.

Unfortunately the GreetPause does not apply to the rejected IPs. It would be great if those IP have to wait too.

I see a lot of IPs which do a connection, do nothing and terminate the connection again. They are doing this in a loop. So when one connection is finished the next is started. This will take about 10 seconds per connection. If I reject them they can do it 3 or 4 times per second.

Is there any way to combine GreetPause with REJECT ?

Kind regards
Hans

Claus Aßmann

Nov 29, 2017, 12:49:22 PM11/29/17
Hans wrote:

> Is there any way to combine GreetPause with REJECT ?

Possible approaches:
- Use a milter.
- Write some custom rules and use sleep (via a map).
I use the latter -- but it's too customized to share.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

Hans Mayer

Nov 29, 2017, 3:02:28 PM11/29/17

Thanks Claus for information.
So there is no out of the box solution. OK.

// Hans