Configuring - DelayLA

Silambarasan Madhappan

Oct 25, 2017, 1:32:43 AM10/25/17
In sendmail.cf i have configured "O DelayLA=1" and am trying to reproduce the below message in sendmail log file

"delaying connections on daemon MTA: load average=3 >= 1"

Input:
====
cat >input <<-EOF
EHLO localhost
MAIL FROM: root
RCPT TO: root
DATA
jhdfh
.
QUIT
EOF

sendmail -bs <input

but i dint get the log "delaying connections on daemon MTA: load average=3 >= 1" in sendmail log file.

Could you pls help me on how to reproduce the log message . Do i need to configure any other thing.

Thanks.

ska

Oct 26, 2017, 2:56:51 AM10/26/17
On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 7:32:43 AM UTC+2, Silambarasan Madhappan wrote:
> In sendmail.cf i have configured "O DelayLA=1" and am trying to reproduce the below message in sendmail log file
>
> "delaying connections on daemon MTA: load average=3 >= 1"

> but i dint get the log "delaying connections on daemon MTA: load average=3 >= 1" in sendmail log file.

Well, does the load average of the server exceed 1 ?

Start some resource hungry computation in the background. Run "top" to see the loadavg.

Claus Aßmann

Oct 28, 2017, 6:27:17 AM10/28/17
Silambarasan Madhappan wrote:

> MAIL FROM: root
> RCPT TO: root

Please read the fine RFCs and fix the syntax, e.g.,

MAIL FROM:<ro...@YOUR.DOMAIN>
RCPT TO:<ro...@YOUR.DOMAIN>

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous