Slow down mail delivery for some domains

Charles Borcke

Apr 21, 2017, 4:09:35 AM4/21/17

Some french domains are complaining about an high volume of connection from our sendmail boxes

Dec 20 12:32:33 **hidden** postfix/smtp[6102]: B454432E76: to=, relay=smtp.wanadoo.fr[80.12.242.82]:25, delay=23, delays=0.02/0/23/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host smtp.orange.fr[80.12.242.82] refused to talk to me: 421 mwinf5c30 ME Trop de connexions, veuillez verifier votre configuration. Too many connections, slow down. OFR004_104 [104])

Is it possible to reduce the number of connections for a subset of defined demains on sendmail ?

Kind regards,

CBE

Claus Aßmann

Apr 21, 2017, 7:04:14 AM4/21/17
Charles Borcke wrote:

> Is it possible to reduce the number of connections for a subset of defined demains on sendmail ?

You can use queue groups and run those with different parameters.
See doc/op/op.* about that feature.

Unfortunately sendmail does not have "real" outbound connection
controls (as some other MTAs have, e.g., MeTA1) as compared to
inbound.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous