makemap: Need to recompile with -DNEWDB for hash support

Stefan Schweizer

Dec 12, 2002, 4:30:01 PM12/12/02
Dear all

I'm new to sendmail and I would compile some feature were I'm successful but
in using makemap I have problems. I did the following:

1. cd /opt/sendmail-8.12.6
2. Read INSTALL
3. sh Build
4. cd cf/cf
5. cp bestmatching .mc file to sendmail.mc (generic config for SunOS5)
divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-solaris.mc,v 8.13 2001/06/27 21:46:30 gshapiro Exp
$')
OSTYPE(solaris2)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(relay_hosts_only)dnl
FEATURE(access_db)dnl
FEATURE(dnsbl)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
6. sh Build sendmail.cf
7. sh Build install-cf
9. sh Build install
10. cd makemap
11. sh Build install
12. makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access.txt

Then I get: makemap: Need to recompile with -DNEWDB for hash support

If I let the features relay_hosts_only, access_db and dnsbl away, I can use
sendmail without seen prob, but I would feel better to use this features and
so it would be great to have your support.

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan

Jason Radford

Dec 12, 2002, 4:48:31 PM12/12/02
You probably need the berkley db installed on your
system for makemap hash to work correctly on to generate
*.db files.

www.sleepycat.com or a sunos download resource will
get you that.

-jason

Stefan Schweizer

Dec 12, 2002, 5:22:23 PM12/12/02
Hi Jason

Am 12.12.2002 22:48 Uhr schrieb "Jason Radford" unter
<jrad...@iconimaging.net> in
pan.2002.12.12.21...@iconimaging.net:

> You probably need the berkley db installed on your
> system for makemap hash to work correctly on to generate
> *.db files.
>
> www.sleepycat.com or a sunos download resource will
> get you that.

Thanks, I got the compiled version 3.3 from Sunfreeware.com. I added this
package, and switched to /opt/sendmail-8.12.6/makemap and did again "sh
Build install". Do you know, have I to make something others? Because it
didn't work til now. (Add some path variables or so?)

Thanks

Jason Radford

Dec 12, 2002, 5:36:31 PM12/12/02
I dont have experience with compiling on sunOS, but
this url might help.

http://www.sendmail.org/compiling.html

-jason

ger...@gtconnect.net

Dec 13, 2002, 11:47:51 AM12/13/02
In article <BA1ECAAF.1233B%sschw...@hotmail.com>,

Stefan Schweizer <sschw...@hotmail.com> writes:
> Hi Jason
>
> Am 12.12.2002 22:48 Uhr schrieb "Jason Radford" unter
> <jrad...@iconimaging.net> in
> pan.2002.12.12.21...@iconimaging.net:
>
>> You probably need the berkley db installed on your
>> system for makemap hash to work correctly on to generate
>> *.db files.
>>
>> www.sleepycat.com or a sunos download resource will
>> get you that.
> Thanks, I got the compiled version 3.3 from Sunfreeware.com. I added this
> package, and switched to /opt/sendmail-8.12.6/makemap and did again "sh
> Build install". Do you know, have I to make something others? Because it
> didn't work til now. (Add some path variables or so?)

If you make a fundamental change like this you need to ./Build -c
from the top directory. To add NEWDB support I suggest you look over
the INSTALL document - especially the part about:
"2. Create any necessary site configuration build files, as noted in
devtools/Site/README."

Claus Aßmann

Dec 13, 2002, 12:14:52 PM12/13/02
Stefan Schweizer wrote:

> Then I get: makemap: Need to recompile with -DNEWDB for hash support

See the FAQ. You can use dbm instead of hash on your machine.