Can't get it to pass open relay test.

robo...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2016, 11:26:51 PM11/20/16
I just set up to brand new Centos 7 servers using Sendmail version 8.14.7.

My issue is that one passes an open relay test and the other does not.

I believe everything in the configuration is identical between the two. The sendmail.cf files are identical. The /etc/mail/access are identical as are the allowed relay domains.

I've tried a number of things and been googling my brains out and still can't sort this out.

Anyone experience this or have some thoughts on further troubleshooting?

-Jeremy

Claus Aßmann

Nov 21, 2016, 7:10:02 AM11/21/16
Jeremy wrote:

> My issue is that one passes an open relay test and the other does not.

> Anyone experience this or have some thoughts on further troubleshooting?

Check (post) the logfile entries that demonstrate the problem.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

robo...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2016, 1:16:08 PM11/21/16
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 6:10:02 AM UTC-6, Claus Aßmann wrote:
> Jeremy wrote:
>
> > My issue is that one passes an open relay test and the other does not.
>
> > Anyone experience this or have some thoughts on further troubleshooting?
>
> Check (post) the logfile entries that demonstrate the problem.

Hi and thanks for responding. Are you referring to maillog or some other log file? Is there some logging level that should be turned on or tuned?

Claus Aßmann

Nov 22, 2016, 7:20:03 AM11/22/16

> Are you referring to maillog or some other log file?

Whatever syslog.conf is configured to use for mail.*
on your system.

You could simply have looked into those log files to see
where the sendmail log entries are (instead of posting
and waiting for a reply)...