Sendmail and folders

已查看 10 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

steve76

未读,
2018年2月20日 07:11:022018/2/20
收件人
Hi,

Usually, if I want to change the Email server, I move the following
files placed at /var/spool/mail/*
ON the new server, I found again the email for each user...
We are using IMAP servers....

our email client is Thunderbird.

but I can see any folder created into the Inbox.. ( so on the server )
is LOST !!!
I am not sure if the emails are back into th INBOX or not...

how are manage the folders ?
I sppose that this is a way to organise the INBOX and everything is into
the < user> file ??

Same problem with the SENT folder..

on /var/spool/mail.. this is just a file.. there is no folder... where
are the folder ??
Locally on the PC ? I don't think so.. SO I am lost

NB: On Thunderbird, the folder location is :
imap://<USER><@<Server>/INBOX/test

It's lying ? :-)

Andrzej Adam Filip

未读,
2018年2月20日 09:11:482018/2/20
收件人
steve76 <nor...@foo.com> wrote:
> Usually, if I want to change the Email server, I move the following
> files placed at /var/spool/mail/*
> ON the new server, I found again the email for each user...
> We are using IMAP servers....
> [...]

Which IMAP server do you use?

--
[Andrew] Andrzej A. Filip - https://www.linkedin.com/in/andfil

steve76

未读,
2018年2月20日 09:15:112018/2/20
收件人
aah !! I am blowdy stupid...
This is Dovecot who managed folders into thunderbird.. so, this is into
/home/<user>/mail/INBOX

OK, but now, what is important to save ??

* /home/<user>/mail/INBOX ( for folders ) + /var/spool/mail/ ( for
the INBOX ?

J.O. Aho

未读,
2018年2月20日 12:00:162018/2/20
收件人
On 02/20/18 15:15, steve76 wrote:
> On 02/20/2018 01:10 PM, steve76 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Usually, if I want to change the Email  server, I move the following
>> files placed at /var/spool/mail/*
>> ON the new server, I found again the email for each user...
>> We are using IMAP servers....
>>
>> our email client is Thunderbird.
>>
>> but I can see any folder created into the Inbox..  ( so on the server
>> ) is LOST !!!
>
> This is Dovecot who managed folders into thunderbird.. so, this is into
> /home/<user>/mail/INBOX
>
> OK, but now, what is important to save ??
>
> * /home/<user>/mail/INBOX   ( for folders )  +   /var/spool/mail/  ( for
> the INBOX ?

I would take the whole ~/mail directory and move it to the new server,
just see to change owner/group if the two machines has different uid/gid
for the same user name.

If dovecot handles mail delivery, then /var/spool/mail should be empty.
if you have files there, then use ls -l to see how old they are, they
may be from a time before you used dovecot.

--

//Aho

steve76

未读,
2018年2月20日 13:24:192018/2/20
收件人
I am using dovecot as mail delivery...
But I've noticed that a new incoming email is sent to *var/spool/mail/user1

Should it desappear from /var/spool/mail/user1 ???

( That's I am not sure... )

But effectivelly, I had some emails in var/spool/mail... before using
Dovecot..

J.O. Aho

未读,
2018年2月20日 15:20:572018/2/20
收件人
OK, your config differ from mine, I get the new mail to ~/mail, in your
case you need both.

> Should it desappear from /var/spool/mail/user1 ???

Copy that too to the new one too.

--

//Aho

steve76

未读,
2018年2月21日 07:55:512018/2/21
收件人
thank you !
OK , I had the problem to have Already started the new server, so I had
to merge som folder... I found a solution.. copying all email locally,
backup the old email and copy back oin each folder..
Works OK....

Effectively, I need to have both Dovecot folder + the content of
/var/spool/mail...

Thanks for your help
0 个新帖子