I want to get rid of error message in Eudora

Gru...@oldman.com

Jun 8, 2012, 6:12:02 AM6/8/12
I am getting a persistent error message every time I send an email in
Eudora 7109

Cannot open the attachment file in
C:\DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/newsmemvol2/Delaw (rest truncated)

I click on OK, and the email is sent fine, but I am getting tired of
the error. What is it and how can I eliminate it? I have searched
for newsmemvol2, and cannot find it.

Thanks

Grumpy
Message has been deleted

Gru...@oldman.com

Jun 8, 2012, 11:44:07 AM6/8/12
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:51:35 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlf...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 06:12:02 -0400, Gru...@Oldman.com declaimed the
>following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:
>
>> I am getting a persistent error message every time I send an email in
>> Eudora 7109
>>

>> Cannot open the attachment file in
>> C:\DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/newsmemvol2/Delaw (rest truncated)
>>
>> I click on OK, and the email is sent fine, but I am getting tired of
>
> Is it? Check your outbox for a message that hasn't been sent that
>might be retried later... Or check the outbox for any sent messages that
>have attachments listed and try moving them to some other box (or delete
>them).

Right on - I examined the outbox, and lo - there was an unsent email
from two months ago that when I deleted it, the error went away.

Thanks a meg

Grumpy

>> the error. What is it and how can I eliminate it? I have searched
>> for newsmemvol2, and cannot find it.
>>
> Well, since the error message says it can't open a file, It's no
>surprise you can't find it -- somewhere you have a message that is
>trying to access an attachment, but the attachment doesn't exist.
>

> Comment: based on the path, you are running from an administration
>account -- OR you have a confused Eudora installation that is sharing
>mailboxes between an admin and user account; and the user account has no
>privileges to access the attachment in the admin account. (The full
>path, rather than the 8.3 short names, would be:
>
>c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\...

104...@gmail.com

May 15, 2019, 4:38:00 PM5/15/19
Thank you ... it worked