10054 or 10057 errors with Eudora and MDaemon

Daniel Jacobson

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
In article <D20400FED9D1EF8D.C67232EA...@library-proxy.airnews.net>, ouj...@ticnet.com says...

>I'm having problems retrieving mail from MDaemon 2.74 beta G via
>Eudora 3.0.3 (16).
>
>The scenario is:
>
> - "Check Mail" triggered manually or by timer
> - Eudora goes through userid/password (PASS/STAT) sequence
> successfully
> - Eudora goes through "Collecting mail information (UIDL)" to
> TOP 1101 1, then fails with 10054 or 10057 (varies) error
>
>My guess is that there's a problem when the number of mail messages
>exceeds 200-300. The problem is intermittent at that point, but
>becomes a permanent failure above that number.
>
>My guess is there's a timing problem between MDaemon and Eudora's mail
>transfer protocol negotiation.
>
>This occurs under both WinSock 21f or IBM WARP 3's PPP dialer.
>
>No problems noted when accessing news or web server during same
>session.
>
>Mail access to a lower-volume account on the same server during the
>same session succeeds without error. Mail retrieval from another ISP
>via Eudora in the same session succeeds without error. Mail is
>retrieved successfully when using another e-mail client (ConnectSoft).
>
>Various methods of "Determine last read message" and settings for
>"Asynchronous WinSock calls" have been tried to no avail.
>
>I've altered WinSock 21f's session parameters from MTU=1500, MIN=5880,
>and MSS=1460 to MTU=576, RMIN=2144, and MSS=536 to no avail.
>
>My ISP (The Internet Connection) has been unable to diagnose the
>problem further.

[Uncrossposted]

Try:
XSLF The cream of the crop - Eudora error messages and fixes
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/rcm01/eerror.htm
--
Over and Out
Daniel Jacobson

Michael Oujesky

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98

Already read and attempted. Bu then you'd know that of you'd read the
paragraph on WINSOCK parameter changes and compared that to the
reference you provided.

Could you please be a bit more helpful and less self-important?

Thanks.

On 2 Aug 1998 18:07:42 GMT, in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows you wrote:

> Try:
> XSLF The cream of the crop - Eudora error messages and fixes
> http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/rcm01/eerror.htm
> --
> Over and Out
> Daniel Jacobson

John Tubbs

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Your attitude isn't going to get you much help in this newsgroup. How does
providing a URL demonstrate self-importance?

John

Michael Oujesky

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Go read the reference pointed to and then my original post.

I believe you'll find that the specific circumstances were reviewed
and the indicated corrective action taken. (See the section on
WinSock parameters.)

My apologies to any and all that were offended.

But when a respondent posts a reply that displays no understanding of
the reference provided and it's lack of applicability to the stated
set of circumstances experienced and testing already done, my
perception is that the respondent is merely trying to impress, not
assist.

If this is the type of "help" to expect from here (ill considered
all.

Until next time...

John Tubbs

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
You're more than welcome to try somewhere else, Butthead.

Michael Oujesky wrote:

> If this is the type of "help" to expect from here (ill considered
> all.
>

> >Your attitude isn't going to get you much help in this newsgroup. How does
> >providing a URL demonstrate self-importance?

Michael Oujesky

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

Hmmm, thanks for the information.

I'll forward this to my ISP and see how they respond.

Thanks again very much, I do appreciate the assistance.

>Looking thru my old mail, here is a response I got back thru my ISP's
>technical support when I got some similar messages a while ago.
>Don't know if this applies in your case?

>Over and Out
>Daniel Jacobson
>

>START *****
>At 10:00 PM 12/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> Since last night 12-10-97 after 18:00, I have been experiencing problems
>> with the mail server. I receive Message 1 most of the time, sometimes
>> followed by Messages 2, 3, and 4. (See attachments)
>>
>> Message 1 - There has been an error transferring your mail. I said:
>> PASS <shhhh! Don't tell anyone.>
>> and then the POP server []
>said:
>> ERR you must wait 113 seconds more before accessing
>> the server again.
>> Message 2 - Error 10054
>> Message 3 - Error 10004
>> Message 4 - Error 10057
>
>We have put a restriction on the POP server--if you check mail more than 2
>times within 60 seconds, it will generate an error and prevent you from
>checking mail for 120 seconds (last night it was just once every 30
>seconds).

Michael Oujesky

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

My apologies for the harsh response.

As partial explanation, I've had many know-it-all's post an officious
response without even reading the details of the post to see how their
comments either do not apply or were considered and details in the
post clarify the outcome of testing for them.

I do appreciate your later post. It should help out with resolving my
problem.

Thanks again.