Problems with netaddress.com

Marco

Mar 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/30/97

My mail server isEudora Pro 3.1.
I use netaddress' email (mcas...@usa.net).Eudora can't retrieve
messages from netaddress.
Is there anybody who can help me ?
P.S.I'm italian, i'm sorry for my english!

d7dot

Mar 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/30/97

mcas...@usa.net (Marco) searched memory banks and found:

Marco, try these settings for Eudora:

POP Account ---> mcas...@pop.netaddress.com

SMTP---------------> mail.netaddress.com

IF they fail check out this site, best there is for Eudora
help--------> http://129.105.99.240/~beim/eudora/

PS: Don't worry about the English, as a native American it fails me
sometimes too....<g>

Regards, Brad

d7...@mindspring.com
d7...@juno.com

Web page http://www.mindspring.com/~d7dot

Andrew J. Rozsa

Mar 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/31/97

mcas...@usa.net (Marco) wrote:

>My mail server isEudora Pro 3.1.
>I use netaddress' email (mcas...@usa.net).Eudora can't retrieve
>messages from netaddress.
>Is there anybody who can help me ?

Allora.....

Eudora is your mail CLIENT. Your server is a machine.....

Here are the instructions from NetAddress:

Configuring Your Mail Client for NetAddress

Before using your e-mail client with NetAddress you must
first configure a few important settings. These settings
can usually be made within the setup section of your mail
software.

In order to retreive any mail stored on NetAddress you must
change the Incoming (POP3) Mail host in your mail client
to:
pop.netaddress.com

You should set your POP3 Username or Account to your new
NetAddress username (everything before the @ sign). Your
password to the POP3 server is the same as your NetAddress
password.

To send mail you should change your Outgoing (SMTP) Mail
host to:
mail.netaddress.com

To learn how to configure your e-mail client for use with
NetAddress, please select which client you currently use
from the list below. If your client does not appear on this
list, please e-mail ser...@usa.net for support.

Eudora Lite and Eudora Pro for Windows
Netscape Mail (Version 2.0 or later)
Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Internet Explorer (Version 3.0 or later)
Pegasus Mail (version 2.2)
Pegasus Mail (version 2.3 or later)

Configuring Eudora Lite or Eudora Pro for NetAddress

Step 1:
From the Special menu select Settings ...
Click Personal Information ... (you may need to scroll to view)
Enter the following information in the relevant input fields:

POP Account: Your...@pop.netaddress.com
Real Name: Your real name
Return Address: Your...@usa.net

Step 2:
Click on Hosts ...
Enter the following information in the relevant input field:

SMTP: mail.netaddress.com

I hope this helps, Marco (spero che questo ti aiutera)

Andrew.

P.S. I use NetAddress to forward my mail to whatever ISP I happen to
use. I hope to stay with MindSpring (thus far they are excellent, but
one never knows). With a few rare exceptions (recently) the service
has been flawless.

pobox.com also offers something similar, but a bit more sophisticated.
However, they charge $15 per year after the first 3 months free-trial
period.
Andrew J. Rozsa - Birmingham, Alabama, USA
<mailto:ro...@usa.net>