Eudora Light Error message 11004

Reg Hallam

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99

I've recently installed Eudora Light 3.05(16).

I can send mail thro' my ISP using Eudora, which I've checked by sending
myself a message, and by checking that the mail has been sent by getting it
from MS Outlook Express, but I can't download mail from Eudora without
getting the error message.

The error message given in a Eudora dialogue box reads as follows:

"Error getting network address tesco.net; Cause, request entry not
found 11004."

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to get Eudora to both send and
receive mail.

Regards,

Reg Hallam.
(Reg.H...@tesco.net)

Adam Kippes

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
In <7fcn92$a5h$1...@barcode.tesco.net>, Reg Hallam wrote:

> "Error getting network address tesco.net; Cause, request entry not
> found 11004."

Here's a possibility...

In your version of Eudora POP account should be of the form:
username@machinename

And example might be:
Reg.H...@pop.tesco.net

Since most mail clients (including Eudora Pro v4.x) separate the username
from the machine name, you might be getting a bit confused.

-- AK

--
adam....@pobox.com
PGP keys available from servers

John Tubbs

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
Reg Hallam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed Eudora Light 3.05(16).
>
> I can send mail thro' my ISP using Eudora, which I've checked by sending
> myself a message, and by checking that the mail has been sent by getting it
> from MS Outlook Express, but I can't download mail from Eudora without
> getting the error message.
>
> The error message given in a Eudora dialogue box reads as follows:
>
> "Error getting network address tesco.net; Cause, request entry not
> found 11004."
>
> Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to get Eudora to both send and
> receive mail.

"Error 11004 when checking mail"
<http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/903hq.html>

John