Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours

Robert Perelman

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
I have been having trouble with the e-mails that I have been trying to
send to one specific server in Belgium that happens to be at my parent
company, Eupen. I get the error message shown below. I do not have
trouble with anyone else receiving my e-mails and they claim to have no
difficulty receiving e-mails from anyone else. Also, this only seems to
be a problem with Eudora and is not even always a problem with Eudora
(sometimes the messages go through). First I get the message shown
immediately below and then I get the message shown below that.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:30:58 -0500 (EST)
>From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER...@snet.net>
>To: <rper...@eupen.com>
>Subject: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours
>Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (warning-timeout)

> ** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
> ** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **
>
>The original message was received at Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:17:02 -0500
(EST)
>from nwhn-sh7-port5.snet.net [204.60.16.5]
>
> ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
><chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM>
><Manuel...@Eupencable.com>

reply: read error from relay.eupencable.com.
><Manuel...@Eupencable.com>,<chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM>...
Deferred: Illegal seek
>Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
>Will keep trying until message is 5 days old
>Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.snet.net
>Arrival-Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:17:02 -0500 (EST)
>
>Final-Recipient: RFC822; chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM
>Action: delayed
>Remote-MTA: DNS; relay.eupencable.com
>Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 451
<Manuel...@Eupencable.com>,<chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM>...
reply: read error from relay.eupencable.com.
>Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:30:58 -0500 (EST)
>Will-Retry-Until: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:17:02 -0500 (EST)
>
>Final-Recipient: RFC822; Manuel...@EUPENCABLE.COM
>Action: delayed
>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:09:59 -0500
>To: Joe <HOR...@tessco.com>
>From: Robert Perelman <rper...@eupen.com>
>Subject: Delivery issues
>Cc: chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM, Manuel...@EUPENCABLE.COM
>
>Joe--KWE is closed this week. I will discuss these issues with Manuel
and
>Chantal when they get back next week.
>
>At 06:27 PM 12/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>no...@tessco.com
>>
>>Manuel,
>>Continuing with the 400 missing pcs of NM50B-1/2X on order 072129,
your
>>order 9810062473. It appears that all 400 were shipped in 1 box, if
that
>>is what "PACK 10946" means on the delivery sheet. I think this box
either
>>(1) never left Belgium or (2) the items were lost in transit by
Burlington.

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:36:56 -0500 (EST)
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER...@snet.net>
To: <rper...@eupen.com>
Subject: Returned mail: Cannot send message within 5 days
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

451 <chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM>,<Manuel...@Eupencable.com>...
reply: read error from relay.eupencable.com.
<chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM>,<Manuel...@Eupencable.com>...
Deferred: Connection reset by relay.eupencable.com.
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue
Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.snet.net
Arrival-Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:17:02 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; relay.eupencable.com
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:36:56 -0500 (EST)

Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:09:59 -0500
To: Joe <HOR...@tessco.com>
From: Robert Perelman <rper...@eupen.com>
Subject: Delivery issues
Cc: chantal...@EUPENCABLE.COM, Manuel...@EUPENCABLE.COM

Joe--KWE is closed this week. I will discuss these issues with Manuel
and
Chantal when they get back next week.

At 06:27 PM 12/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>no...@tessco.com
>
>Manuel,
>Continuing with the 400 missing pcs of NM50B-1/2X on order 072129, your

>order 9810062473. It appears that all 400 were shipped in 1 box, if
that
>is what "PACK 10946" means on the delivery sheet. I think this box
either
>(1) never left Belgium or (2) the items were lost in transit by
Burlington.
>We are also missing the 310 pcs of 7/16M50V-7/8 (PG) also on that same
>delivery sheet, referencing "PACK 10926". Both missing items were
packed in
>type "PB" based on packing info in page 7 of delivery sheet. Is it a
>coincidence that were are missing both items marked PB but all items
marked
>CARTON were received. Due to the packing slips, delivery sheets and
>invoices not matching, and now the fact that items were packed
differently
>that all other items on the order; I can assure you Tessco never
received
>these items. Also since I personally identified shipment when it
arrived
>here and did not find those items.
>
>Please help me to resolve this discrep as I have done all I can to this

>point. Unless I receive any information contradicting what is
mentioned
>above, payment for the above connectors will not be issued.
>
>Still need to know what to do with the 75 extra 1 1/4" cutoff rings and
when
>can I expect the 1 5/8" as ordered on order number 058620. This is an
old
>issue I have tried to address many times but to no avail. If progress
is
not
>made on this issue either the 75 extra 1 1/4" will be shipped backed to

>Belgium via freight collect.
>Regards,
>Joe Horsky

Regards...Robert Perelman

Eupen Cable USA
284 Racebrook Road
Orange, CT 06477
Phone 203 799-7900, Fax 203 795-4315
rper...@eupen.com
http://www.eupen.com

Karsten Scholtyssik

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99

Robert Perelman <rpe...@snet.net> schrieb in Nachricht
369375AF...@snet.net...///

>I have been having trouble with the e-mails that I have been trying to
>send to one specific server in Belgium that happens to be at my parent
>company, Eupen. I get the error message shown below. I do not have
>trouble with anyone else receiving my e-mails and they claim to have no
>difficulty receiving e-mails from anyone else. Also, this only seems to
>be a problem with Eudora and is not even always a problem with Eudora
>(sometimes the messages go through). First I get the message shown
>immediately below and then I get the message shown below that.
>
>Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

[ messages snipped ]

This is definitely no Eudora problem. The smtp server of your
provider (smtp.snet.net) has problems to communicate with the mailserver
of eupencable.com (relay.eupencable.com). It looks as if relay.eupencable
sometimes closes the connection. To my mind this is a simple network
problem.

Karsten

Frederick M Avolio

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
Karsten Scholtyssik wrote:
> ... To my mind this is a simple network problem.

Also, it is not a fatal error. This is sent to you for your
information from the MTA trying to send the e-mail. There may be a
problem that you want to point out to your postmaster, but you might
also want to ignore these. I have a filter that looks for mail From
mailer-daemon with subject starting with Warning.

Fred
--
Avolio Consulting
16228 Frederick Road, PO Box 609, Lisbon, MD 21765

Robert D. Harvey

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
On Wed, 06 Jan 1999 09:39:43 -0500, Robert Perelman <rpe...@snet.net>
wrote:

>I have been having trouble with the e-mails that I have been trying to
>send to one specific server in Belgium that happens to be at my parent
>company, Eupen. I get the error message shown below. I do not have
>trouble with anyone else receiving my e-mails and they claim to have no
>difficulty receiving e-mails from anyone else. Also, this only seems to
>be a problem with Eudora and is not even always a problem with Eudora
>(sometimes the messages go through). First I get the message shown
>immediately below and then I get the message shown below that.
>
>Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
>

> [snip copy of large email messages]

Robert,

I get the same warnings from one of my customers. After doing some
research, I found that their Email server is only connected to the
Internet about 12 hours during the day (6AM - 6PM). Therefore, any
Email sent to them over the 12 hours they are not connected to the
Internet (6PM to 6AM their time) will generate this message. This
warning message just indicates that your mail server has tried for 4
hours and has not been able to connect with your customer's mail
server. If you never get a fatal error message from your mail server
after 5 days, then the Email should have finally gotten through to
your customer. I believe the 5 days holding period is very much
standard with mail servers and allows for on-site mail servers that
may be down over a long holiday weekend.

Good luck.

Bob