Eudora Unhandled Exception

Noel Matthews

Nov 16, 2003, 8:27:56 PM11/16/03
My daughter has Eudora on her computer running Windows XP Family
Edition. All was working fine until a few days ago, since when each
time she attempts to send / receive Eudora announces an unhandled
exception and closes down.

The message that comes with the unhandled exception gives this
information -
Error signature - AppName: eudora.exe AppVer: 5.2.0.9 ModName:
ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00008267.

Then follows "Reporting details" and many lines of text about what
Eudora does with reports.

I have tried re-installing Eudora but the problem persists.

Can anyone help me fix the problem please.

Noel

Robin Chapple

Nov 17, 2003, 6:19:33 PM11/17/03

I have the same symptons using Eudora 6.01 and XP Home edition. It has
been a constant problem since the update to V 6.01. Previously it was
a rare occurrence. It has happened four times today in a 90 minute
period.

Robin Chapple

Katrina Knight

Nov 19, 2003, 2:48:14 PM11/19/03
Noel Matthews <Noel.Matth...@pcug.org.au> wrote:
> My daughter has Eudora on her computer running Windows XP Family
> Edition. All was working fine until a few days ago, since when each
> time she attempts to send / receive Eudora announces an unhandled
> exception and closes down.

What, if anything, did she change right before this started happening? Did
she update anything, install anything or change any settings that might
have some bearing on it?

Does it matter what she tries to send? At what point in the process of
sendign or receiving does the problem happen? (Does Eudora connect to the
server, start downloading or start processing downloaded messages at all?)

How big are her system mailboxes?

> The message that comes with the unhandled exception gives this
> information -
> Error signature - AppName: eudora.exe AppVer: 5.2.0.9 ModName:
> ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00008267.

This says Eudora is having a problem with ntdll.dll, which is one of the
Windows system dlls. It would be a good idea to check to make sure the
copy that is installed is still the correct version and is not corrupted.

--
Katrina

Noel Matthews

Nov 27, 2003, 1:49:33 AM11/27/03
Thank you Katarina,

Actually the problem has now fixed itself! So I will do no more.

But to answer some of your questions - her system mail boxes were many
MB, before I transferred everything in them to other folders, but that
did not fix the problem.

The exception happened as soon as she pressed the Check Mail button
and Eudora did not even attempt to connect to the server but failed
immediately. And the content of the email or even no email to send
made no difference - pressing the button did the job every time.

I can not answer about any installations as she has two teen-age
daughters! Neither mother nor either daughter admits to installing
anything - I belive mother but the daughters are great fiddlers so
they may well have done something they do not admit to.

Thank you again - at least if it happens again I will be more careful
in noting what has happened.

Noel

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:48:14 GMT, Katrina Knight <kkn...@epix.net>