wrapping after 70 characters

1 view

Martin Bretschneider

Aug 14, 2002, 5:14:40 AM8/14/02
Hi *,

how can I adjust Eudora 5.1.1 to wrap outgoing mail after 70 characters.
I could not find such a option.

Regards Martin
--
www.bretschneidernet.de OpenPGP-ID: 4EA52583 Jabber: br...@jabber.org
(o_.' (0_ Ernest Hemingway:

Daniel Jacobson

Aug 14, 2002, 12:13:08 PM8/14/02
In article <ajd720$109$1...@news.bretschneidernet.de>, sp...@bretschneidernet.de says...

> how can I adjust Eudora 5.1.1 to wrap outgoing mail after 70 characters.
> I could not find such a option.

Try:
Check out the following settings in the eudora.ini file.

WordWrapColumn 76 When the "Word wrap" switch is on, this is the column
in which lines in outgoing messages are wrapped.

WordWrapMax 80 When the "Word wrap" switch is on, this is the length
at which a line in an outgoing message is considered
too long and must be wrapped.

WordWrapOnScreen 0 If this is on (set to non-zero), then the composition
window will automatically wrap text on the screen at
the number of characters specified in WordWrapColumn,
regardless of the width of the window.
--
Over and Out
Daniel Jacobson

Martin Bretschneider

Aug 14, 2002, 1:51:12 PM8/14/02
dani...@iadfw.net (Daniel Jacobson) wrote:

Thanks very much for this undocumented features. It does work very well
but I do not really understand the difference between WordWrapColumn and
WordWrapMax.

Kind regards from Martin

--
www.bretschneidernet.de OpenPGP-ID: 4EA52583 Jabber: br...@jabber.org

(o__o) Mark Twain:
//\/\\ Whenever you find yourself on the side of
V_/\_V the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Fritz Wagner

Aug 15, 2002, 1:08:57 PM8/15/02
I have been wanting to do this for a long time. But for some reason,
the three files mentioned do not exist in my eudora,ini file!! How
is this possible? I have 5.1.1

Thanks,

Fritz Wagner

On 14 Aug 2002 16:13:08 GMT, dani...@iadfw.net (Daniel Jacobson)
wrote:

To Reply remove "nsp"from email address

Daniel Jacobson

Aug 15, 2002, 3:04:35 PM8/15/02
In article <osnnlus27hp2bddph...@4ax.com>, fjw...@qn.net says...

>>> how can I adjust Eudora 5.1.1 to wrap outgoing mail after 70 characters.
>>> I could not find such a option.

>> Try:
>> Check out the following settings in the eudora.ini file.
>> WordWrapColumn 76 When the "Word wrap" switch is on, this is the column
>> in which lines in outgoing messages are wrapped.
>>
>> WordWrapMax 80 When the "Word wrap" switch is on, this is the length
>> at which a line in an outgoing message is considered
>> too long and must be wrapped.
>>
>> WordWrapOnScreen 0 If this is on (set to non-zero), then the composition
>> window will automatically wrap text on the screen at
>> the number of characters specified in WordWrapColumn,
>> regardless of the width of the window.

> I have been wanting to do this for a long time. But for some reason,

> the three files mentioned do not exist in my eudora,ini file!! How
> is this possible? I have 5.1.1

Try:
Because default values of parms are not listed, they only show up
in the Eudora.ini file when their values have changed or changed
back to an original value.

Katrina Knight

Aug 15, 2002, 3:51:22 PM8/15/02
Martin Bretschneider <sp...@bretschneidernet.de> wrote:
>> WordWrapOnScreen 0 If this is on (set to non-zero), then the
>> composition
>> window will automatically wrap text on the screen
>> at the number of characters specified in
>> WordWrapColumn, regardless of the width of the
>> window.

Be aware that turning WordWrapOnScreen on can cause problems. In older
versions of Eudora, it can cause messages to go out without the quote
markers for quoted text and in newer versions it often causes quoted text
to be repeated multiple times in replies.

> Thanks very much for this undocumented features.

Undocumented? Not very. Daniel was quoting the help file. :)

If you want to find information on the various settings you can make in
eudora.ini, look in the help file under "eudora.ini". There's lots of
documentation there, although it doesn't always tell you much about any
given setting.

--
Katrina

Katrina Knight

Aug 15, 2002, 3:52:54 PM8/15/02
Fritz Wagner <fjw...@qn.net> wrote:
> I have been wanting to do this for a long time. But for some reason,
> the three files mentioned do not exist in my eudora,ini file!! How
> is this possible? I have 5.1.1

Eudora.ini only contains those settings that have either been changed from
the default within the options or that you've added yourself. If you want
to change the settings for anything that's never been changed before, you
just add the necessary lines.

--
Katrina

Fritz Wagner

Aug 15, 2002, 7:42:09 PM8/15/02
Thanks to all of you for your help. I have reduced the width to
something more comfortable for me , following your instructions.

Appreciate the help.

Fritz Wagner

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:52:54 GMT, Katrina Knight <kkn...@epix.net>

Martin Bretschneider

Aug 16, 2002, 3:17:12 PM8/16/02
Katrina Knight <kkn...@epix.net> wrote:

> Martin Bretschneider <sp...@bretschneidernet.de> wrote:
> >> WordWrapOnScreen 0 If this is on (set to non-zero), then the
> >> composition
> >> window will automatically wrap text on the
> >screen> at the number of characters specified in
> >> WordWrapColumn, regardless of the width of the
> >> window.
>
> Be aware that turning WordWrapOnScreen on can cause problems. In older
> versions of Eudora, it can cause messages to go out without the quote
> markers for quoted text and in newer versions it often causes quoted
> text to be repeated multiple times in replies.

Yep, I have realized it;)

> > Thanks very much for this undocumented features.
>
> Undocumented? Not very. Daniel was quoting the help file. :)
>
> If you want to find information on the various settings you can make in
> eudora.ini, look in the help file under "eudora.ini". There's lots of
> documentation there, although it doesn't always tell you much about any
> given setting.

OK, I've browsed the preferences and looked for wrap in the help.

Martin
--
www.bretschneidernet.de OpenPGP_0x4EA52583 aim_realfurbour
_o)(o_ Sallust: