Mac OS 9 & Type 3 error

Jeson Han

Oct 7, 2000, 11:23:37 PM10/7/00
I started using Power Mac G4 400 MHZ computer with Mac OS 9. However, Eudora
Pro 5.0 (which used to work flawlessly under my old Power 120 and Mac OS
8.6) would not even launch. All I get is Type 3 error message. Can anyone
tell me anything I can do to make this error message go away.

Thanks,

Jeson

Gulliver

Oct 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/13/00
In article <B60560F9.1D51%j2...@worldnet.att.net>, Jeson Han
<j2...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Jeson,

I hassled with this for a long time, removing all 3rd party extensions,
CP's, etc, before narrowing down the culprit to ‹ believe it or not ‹ Open
Transport. What's even weirder is I've got two identical iMacs running
9.0.4, and one works fine, but the other just bombs with the Type 3. I can
only run older versions of Eudora on my other machine. I have no idea why
this could be, especially considering that the machine where Eudora 5 runs
fine has all kinds of 3rd party stuff on it, and my other machine wouldn't
even work when it was squeeky clean.

Tom

--
Gulliver
To email me, just remove NOSPAM from my address. Thanks!