VHDL editor

Rafal Kielbik

Mar 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/28/99
Hello!
I'm looking for a simply VHDL editor (with line numbers and
highlightings), able to install on Windows NT (without administrator
permition). Can you help me?
Thanks in advance, best regards,
RaV

Richard Guerin

Mar 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/28/99
Checkout Premia Corp's CodeWright or VHDL Technology Group's Esprimo-6
... here's some links:

http://www.premia.com/

http://www.vhdl.com/

Good Luck !

David Murray

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
Hi Rafal,
Have you seen Prism Editor at
http://www.iol.ie/~dmurray/Prism/Prism_Editor.html

This editor was written from an engineers perspective and includes
- Colour Syntax highlighting of VHDL, Verilog, abel, .ucf, .cst, .dc, .scr,
.log, .rpt, and just about any file you can edit in a HDL environment.

Other brilliant features.
- VHDL Profiling : Counts if statements, functions, processes, %
Comments etc.
- Code Formatting : Keyword and normal text case format, indentation,
columnize.
- Pretty Printing : Highlighting of comments etc.
- Advanced Filtering : Filter, count or highlight or extract words with the
unique 'usage' command.
- Hooks to help files. : Include a path to a help file with a specific
extension and get context sensitive help.
- Wordlists*** : This unqiue feature allows you to cycle through
user-defined sets of words e.g.
std_logic->std_logic_vector->bit->bit_vector, etc with one keystroke.

http://www.iol.ie/~dmurray/Prism/Wordlists.html

I hope this helps
regards,
David Murray

Wiggo Olufsen

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Rafal,

Probably the most powerful tool you will find on
http://www.silicon-systems.com/ .

It is based on ED for Windows, and supports more than 30 languages in
addition to VHDL and Verilog.

Wiggo.

Rafal Kielbik wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm looking for a simply VHDL editor (with line numbers and
> highlightings), able to install on Windows NT (without administrator
> permition). Can you help me?
> Thanks in advance, best regards,
> RaV

| Wiggo Olufsen |
| Cypress Software AS Phone : +47-73-52 46 59 |
| P.O.Box 2668 Fax : +47-73-52 46 80 |
| N-7415 TRONDHEIM E-mail: wiggo....@online.no |
| NORWAY |
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, and an
Apache inside.

milo...@my-dejanews.com

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
In article <36FD7B58...@eel.upc.es>,

Rafal Kielbik <kie...@eel.upc.es> wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm looking for a simply VHDL editor (with line numbers and
> highlightings), able to install on Windows NT (without administrator
> permition). Can you help me?

I would suggest UltraEdit32.
Even if it is marked as a programmer editor, I found it best suited
for writing VHDL with the additional free VHDL package.

http://www.idmcomp.com

Hope this helps.

> Thanks in advance, best regards,

Bye