::http::geturl stopped working

Pete

Mar 12, 2009, 3:51:34 PM3/12/09
I have various scripts which use the http package (on Windows XP Pro SP3)
and they all worked fine with ActiveState Tcl 8.4.? but when I updated to
8.5.5 all the scripts hang in ::http::geturl. Yesterday I uninstalled 8.5.5
and did a new installation of 8.5.6 but the problem is still there. I have
verified that the URLs are valid and I also made sure that the firewall is
not blocking wish.exe or tclsh.exe.
If I add a timeout to the geturl, it will have downloaded some of the url
when the timeout expires but no matter how long I make the timeout it
rarely ever reads the entire url.

I also have some scripts which use the ftp package and they don't have any
problem connecting to a remote site.

Anyone have any ideas why ::http::geturl:: isn't reading the whole url?

Thanks
Pete
--
NN=01

Jeff Hobbs

Mar 12, 2009, 4:33:15 PM3/12/09

This limited description doesn't help. What is an example site that
you see issues with? If you try with something simple like http://www.yahoo.com/
do you see the problem?

Jeff

Pete

Mar 12, 2009, 9:28:52 PM3/12/09
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:33:15 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Hobbs wrote:
> If you try with something simple like http://www.yahoo.com/
> do you see the problem?

Hmmm. No, that one works fine.

One of the ones which fails for me is:
http://www.djape.net/sudoku/wp/index.php/daily-killer

Each of the scripts parses the html of a page, extracts the name of an
image which it then downloads and manipulates with TclWand.

Pete
--
NN=01