Enterprise Python

Terry Reedy

Apr 24, 2015, 10:28:55 PM4/24/15
to pytho...@python.org
Someone, (Mark, I believe), posted this link to a podcast from a few
weeks ago:
http://www.talkpythontome.com/episodes/show/4/enterprise-python-and-large-scale-projects

A large part of that is based on this Dec 2014 post:
https://www.paypal-engineering.com/2014/12/10/10-myths-of-enterprise-python/
which has perhaps 50 or more links.

Here is something I had not read before: "Bank of America actually has
over 5,000 Python developers, with over 10 million lines of Python in
one project alone. JP Morgan underwent a similar transformation."

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/us-en/173476/investment-banking-tech-guru-quits-starts-firm/
https://www.quora.com/When-why-and-to-what-extent-did-Bank-of-America-rebuild-its-entire-tech-stack-with-Python
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-banks-like-JP-Morgan-and-Bank-of-America-Merrill-Lynch-using-Python-to-replace-historic-legacy-systems-built-in-Java-C++

--
Terry Jan Reedy

Paul Rubin

Apr 24, 2015, 10:44:01 PM4/24/15
Terry Reedy <tjr...@udel.edu> writes:
> Here is something I had not read before: "Bank of America actually has
> over 5,000 Python developers, with over 10 million lines of Python in
> one project alone. JP Morgan underwent a similar transformation."

They should follow this guy: https://twitter.com/HaskellCEO

Rustom Mody

Apr 24, 2015, 10:53:07 PM4/24/15
I was looking to these to provide some ammo...

Reading them (the quora articles) does not come out very positive for python though.

Larry Martell

Apr 25, 2015, 11:11:02 AM4/25/15
to pytho...@python.org
On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Terry Reedy <tjr...@udel.edu> wrote:
> Someone, (Mark, I believe), posted this link to a podcast from a few weeks
> ago:
> http://www.talkpythontome.com/episodes/show/4/enterprise-python-and-large-scale-projects
>
> A large part of that is based on this Dec 2014 post:
> https://www.paypal-engineering.com/2014/12/10/10-myths-of-enterprise-python/
> which has perhaps 50 or more links.
>
> Here is something I had not read before: "Bank of America actually has over
> 5,000 Python developers, with over 10 million lines of Python in one project
> alone. JP Morgan underwent a similar transformation."

I get calls from recruiters almost every day for python jobs at BofA
in Charlotte, NC.