Let ipython3 use the latest python3

Cecil Westerhof

Jan 21, 2017, 6:44:14 AM1/21/17
I built python3.6, but ipython3 is still using the old one (3.4.5).
How can I make ipython3 use 3.6?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Chris Warrick

Jan 21, 2017, 6:50:04 AM1/21/17
On 21 January 2017 at 12:30, Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> I built python3.6, but ipython3 is still using the old one (3.4.5).
> How can I make ipython3 use 3.6?

All packages you have installed are tied to a specific Python version.
If you want to use IPython with Python 3.6, you need to install it for
that version (most likely, with pip) and make sure there is an
ipython3 executable in your $PATH pointing at 3.6. You don’t need to
remove IPython for 3.4 (but you can if you want to get rid of it).

PGP: 5EAAEA16