Is there a replement for bsddb in python3?

clvanwall

Dec 9, 2016, 10:33:36 PM12/9/16

I have been looking for a simple indexed file database and Berkley-db was what I waa used to.  I found that bsddb module was removed from Python3.  Is there a replacement for it?
John  Van Walleghen Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

Paul Rubin

Dec 9, 2016, 11:36:05 PM12/9/16
clvanwall <clva...@gmail.com> writes:
> I found that bsddb module was removed from Python3. Is there a
> replacement for it?

Try "dbm" which has a few options for the underlying engine.
Alternatively, try sqlite3.

Ben Finney

Dec 9, 2016, 11:58:52 PM12/9/16
clvanwall <clva...@gmail.com> writes:

> I found that bsddb module was removed from Python3.  Is there a
> replacement for it?

The ‘dbm’ library is what you need now, I believe
<URL:https://docs.python.org/3/library/dbm.html>.

dbm is a generic interface to variants of the DBM database […]
There is a third party interface to the Oracle Berkeley DB.

--
\ “Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a |
`\ religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.” |