Re: mx as dependency tox throws GCC error

M.-A. Lemburg

Feb 27, 2015, 5:09:03 AM2/27/15
to Albert-Jan Roskam, Python List
On 25.02.2015 15:43, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I pip install the mx package with "pip install egenix-mx-base", it works.
> If I put that same pip install command under 'install_command' in my tox.ini it also works (see below)
>
> However, if I specify the dependency under 'deps', I get an error. Any idea why? I read that 'install_command' is
> still experimental and subject to change, so I would prefer to specify the package under 'deps'.
> The error occurred when I called tox using 'tox -e py27', so it is not pypy-related.
>

> [tox]
> envlist = pypy,py27,py33,py34,docs
> skipsdist = true
>
> [testenv]
> deps =
> setuptools
> nose
> gocept.testing
> numpy
> cython
> # egenix-mx-base # --> mx tox gcc: error: mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxDateTime.c: No such file or directory
> install_command =
> pip install egenix-mx-base {packages}

Could you provide some more context or debug output ?

The .c file is definitely part of the egenix-mx-base package,
but it's possible that tox is using a different way of
installing the package than pip itself does when using
it under "deps".

If there's a way to work around the problem, we'll fix this
in our mxSetup.py.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Feb 27 2015)

http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/