Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

web facing static text db

閲覧: 29 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Fetchinson .

未読、
2016/04/29 18:48:142016/04/29
To:
Hi folks,

I have a very specific set of requirements for a task and was
wondering if anyone had good suggestions for the best set of tools:

* store text documents (about 100000 pages)
* the data set is static (i.e. only lookups are performed, no delete,
no edit, no addition)
* only one operation required: lookup of pages by matching words in them
* very simple web frontend for querying the words to be matched
* no authentication or authorization, frontend completely public
* deployment at webfaction
* deadline: yesterday :)

Which web framework and db engine would you recommend?

So far I'm familiar with turbogears but would be willing to learn
anything if sufficiently basic since my needs are pretty basic (I
think).

Cheers,
Daniel

Chris Angelico

未読、
2016/04/29 19:23:472016/04/29
To:
On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Fetchinson . via Python-list
<pytho...@python.org> wrote:
> * store text documents (about 100000 pages)
> * the data set is static (i.e. only lookups are performed, no delete,
> no edit, no addition)
> * only one operation required: lookup of pages by matching words in them
> * very simple web frontend for querying the words to be matched
> * no authentication or authorization, frontend completely public
> * deployment at webfaction
> * deadline: yesterday :)
>
> Which web framework and db engine would you recommend?

PostgreSQL has decent facilities for text search. You can access that
from Python using the psycopg2 module, and use something like Flask to
help you put together your front end.

ChrisA

Gordon Levi

未読、
2016/04/30 4:18:112016/04/30
To:
"Fetchinson ." <fetch...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I have a very specific set of requirements for a task and was
>wondering if anyone had good suggestions for the best set of tools:
>
>* store text documents (about 100000 pages)
>* the data set is static (i.e. only lookups are performed, no delete,
>no edit, no addition)
>* only one operation required: lookup of pages by matching words in them
>* very simple web frontend for querying the words to be matched
>* no authentication or authorization, frontend completely public
>* deployment at webfaction
>* deadline: yesterday :)
>
>Which web framework and db engine would you recommend?
>
>So far I'm familiar with turbogears but would be willing to learn
>anything if sufficiently basic since my needs are pretty basic (I
>think).

What do need that storing the documents in HTML format and Google
Custom Search does not provide
<https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/2630969?hl=en>?

Fetchinson .

未読、
2016/04/30 13:34:482016/04/30
To:
Wow! Thanks, I was not aware of that, sounds exactly what I need.

Thanks for all the other ideas too.

sum abiut

未読、
2016/05/01 23:27:292016/05/01
To:
Django is an excellent framework. you can use it with sqlite.

cheers

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Gordon Levi <gor...@address.invalid> wrote:

> "Fetchinson ." <fetch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi folks,go >
> >I have a vo ery specific set of requirements for a task and was
> --

新着メール 0 件