using sched

Nkansah Rexford

Jul 30, 2015, 11:57:52 AM7/30/15
Using sched, how can I run a function, at for instance, exactly 00:00 GMT, and only that time.

If sched wouldn't be the best to do so a job, please can you recommend something?

Irmen de Jong

Jul 30, 2015, 3:45:22 PM7/30/15
On 30-7-2015 17:57, Nkansah Rexford wrote:
> Using sched, how can I run a function, at for instance, exactly 00:00 GMT, and only that time.
>
> If sched wouldn't be the best to do so a job, please can you recommend something?

The sched module is by itself not really a task scheduler. It can be used to build one
though, for example https://pypi.python.org/pypi/TGScheduler

My recommendation would be however to utilize your operating system's native task
scheduler (cron, or when you're on windows, the windows task scheduler).

Irmen

Nkansah Rexford

Jul 30, 2015, 9:49:34 PM7/30/15
Great. Thanks