GUI Designer[s]

Edward Montague

Jun 26, 2017, 12:08:47 AM6/26/17
I've become a bit more familiar with wxglade , wxFormBuilder and to a
lesser extent BoaConstructor.

There are however numerous other possiblities and
extensions .
I'd like to eventually have 3D graphics within an
application constructed through a GUI Designer ;
preferably with quality approaching or exceeding that
of MayaVI2.

Is there any project underway to meld the plethora
of possibilties into something more comprehensive as
a GUI Designer.

Ben Finney

Jun 26, 2017, 12:30:16 AM6/26/17
Edward Montague <quin...@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to eventually have 3D graphics within an application

For that requirement, your application will need to make use of a
library for presenting and interacting with 3D objects.

To my knowledge there is no such thing in the standard library, so
you'll need to bring in a third-party distribution for that.

> constructed through a GUI Designer ; preferably with quality
> approaching or exceeding that of MayaVI2.

I haven't used Blender <URL:https://www.blender.org/> for a separate
Python program, but I know that people like its Python API
<URL:https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/advanced/scripting/introduction.html>.

--
\ “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone |
`\ else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a |

Igor Korot

Jun 26, 2017, 7:11:28 AM6/26/17

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Ben Finney <ben+p...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Edward Montague <quin...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'd like to eventually have 3D graphics within an application
>
> For that requirement, your application will need to make use of a
> library for presenting and interacting with 3D objects.
>
> To my knowledge there is no such thing in the standard library, so
> you'll need to bring in a third-party distribution for that.
>
>> constructed through a GUI Designer ; preferably with quality
>> approaching or exceeding that of MayaVI2.
>
> I haven't used Blender <URL:https://www.blender.org/> for a separate
> Python program, but I know that people like its Python API
> <URL:https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/advanced/scripting/introduction.html>.

Take a look at OpenGL and its wx implementation.

Thank you.

> --
> \ “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone |
> `\ else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a |
> _o__) quotation.” —Oscar Wilde, _De Profundis_, 1897 |
> Ben Finney

Michael Torrie

Jun 26, 2017, 3:28:55 PM6/26/17
On 06/26/2017 05:11 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
> Take a look at OpenGL and its wx implementation.

Or PyQt5 with its integrated OpenGL support. Alternatively, there's
QtQuick and its own OpenGL scene management system.