Federating your services

polymorph self

Mar 8, 2017, 8:16:28 PM3/8/17

I see swi prolog can be used instead of LAMP.

Can someone elaborate on how you do the equivalent of expanding the 3 tier model?

I opened these links but they were kinda over my head.

Federating your services
The above assumes a single process server. What if one needs more power or wishes to split responsibilities over multiple servers? Obviously, you can use an external load balancing system to distribute the traffic over multiple Prolog servers. SWI-Prolog's session management is ready to deal with the Apache server load balancing facility to keep sessions on the same server. What if you want the servers to communicate?

Use library(odbc) to share a common database
Use TIPC to realise a cluster
Use library(pengines) to distribute queries