hows prolog web site toools doing?

polymorph self

Jul 14, 2017, 1:55:40 PM7/14/17
anyone got a prolog powered website up?

Bill Carson

Jul 15, 2017, 6:01:31 AM7/15/17
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:55:38 -0700, polymorph self wrote:

> anyone got a prolog powered website up?

Prolog webservers are old hat. What I would like to see is an NNTP
server written in prolog :)

burs...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 6:13:14 AM7/15/17
You could start with a WILDMAT matcher,
the rest doesn't look so difficult:

[C] NEWNEWS news.*,sci.* 19990624 000000 GMT
[S] 230 list of new articles by message-id follows
[S] <i.am.a.ne...@example.com>
[S] <i.am.another...@example.com>
[S] .

Except for the storage & concurrency problem...

R Kym Horsell

Jul 15, 2017, 10:10:12 AM7/15/17
Someone wrote a primitive X server in Prolog some time back.

--
[The Slippery Slope:]
If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think

burs...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 1:30:05 PM7/15/17
But I guess it would be more fun, to make some
call by meaning services.

http://www.vpri.org/pdf/tr2014003_callbymeaning.pdf

With an appropriate configuration and some
NNTP mapping you could then query any news server

more dynmamically your own or a foreign one. The
NNTP RFC isn't the worst, you have already a list
command that lists the actual set of verbs.

[C] CAPABILITIES
[S] 101 Capability list:
[S] VERSION 2
[S] READER
[S] NEWNEWS
[S] LIST ACTIVE NEWSGROUPS
[S] .

burs...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2017, 1:31:42 PM7/15/17
Call by Meaning Hesam Samimi, Chris Deaton,
Yoshiki Ohshima, Allesandro Warth, Todd Millstein
VPRI Technical Report TR-2014-003

polymorph self

Aug 3, 2017, 4:59:04 PM8/3/17
what about gopherspace with logic and pretty much obsolete the web with 1/3000th the code!