Anyone doing big data with prolog?

polymorph self

Nov 14, 2016, 8:38:46 PM11/14/16
?

do pengines let you make a cluster into 1 huge database?

like apache spark?

wou...@triply.cc

Nov 27, 2016, 6:07:12 PM11/27/16
I use Prolog for big data solutions. LOD Laundromat (http://lodlaundromat.org/) is programmed in SWI-Prolog, using the RocksDB and HDT backends. I'm now building a SPARQL query engine that can handle 100B+ triples, based on ClioPatria.

> do pengines let you make a cluster into 1 huge database?

I have no experience with building a Pengine cluster. I would be interested in it though! There are not very many Prolog programmers working on big data problems today... so it may never happen.

> like apache spark?

No, not like that at all. The Spark community is huge and very focused on performance and scalability. In the Prolog community I have not seen such a focus yet.

---
Cheers,
Wouter.

polymorph self

Dec 22, 2016, 1:18:00 AM12/22/16
interesting.....

Do you think it would be hard to make a online chat site in swi prolog?
I know Annie has a web tutorial...I have to go though it.
I think online chat from the desktop is still underserved.