Is it finished "The Power of Prolog"?

burs...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 11:01:24 AM10/20/17

Are there links to precompiled PDF or EPub?
Does it have an ISBN number?

The Power of Prolog
© 2005-2017 Markus Triska

How do you official cite the "book"?

Bye

Markus Triska

Oct 22, 2017, 4:02:54 AM10/22/17
Hi Jan,

thank you for your interest!

burs...@gmail.com writes:

> Are there links to precompiled PDF or EPub?

Not yet. However, there is a public git repository so that you can run
your own local HTTP server to read the material.

Some of the material is better suited for dynamic pages and less suited
for static pages such as PDF. Also, the HTTP server advertises the
web-based use cases of Prolog, which I think deserve some publicity.

Nevertheless, I will eventually also provide a PDF version!

> Does it have an ISBN number?

Again, not yet. It will have one eventually. To cite the book, please
use its URL for now:

https://www.metalevel.at/prolog

It is always work in progress, and I expect to work on it for several
more decades as new Prolog features are becoming available.

For example, I am currently working on the "Cryptography" chapter:

https://www.metalevel.at/prolog/cryptography

I am extending SWI-Prolog's library(crypto) with new functionality I
want to cover in this chapter, such as incremental encryption and AEAD.
It is my hope that other Prolog systems will implement compatible APIs.

Thank you and all the best,
Markus

--
comp.lang.prolog FAQ: http://www.logic.at/prolog/faq/
The Power of Prolog: https://www.metalevel.at/prolog

ken...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2017, 4:46:25 AM10/22/17
Hello

It is very interesting content.
I announced to Prolog fan in Japan with Twitter.

Kenichi Sasagawa

Markus Triska

Oct 22, 2017, 5:22:09 AM10/22/17
Dear Kenichi,

ken...@gmail.com writes:

> It is very interesting content.
> I announced to Prolog fan in Japan with Twitter.

Thank you very much!

All the best,

polymorph self

Nov 13, 2017, 10:06:49 AM11/13/17