PDO driver for PostgreSQL in WAMP Server

Jivanmukta

Jun 8, 2009, 12:30:41 AM6/8/09
I need to use PDO and PostgreSQL. I use WAMPSERVER Version 2.0, Apache
Version 2.2.11, PHP Version 5.2.9-2.
I uncommented (in php.ini) line
extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
I have such file in ext/.
extension=php_pdo.dll I had already enabled.
My phpinfo returns
PDO drivers mysql, sqlite
I mean it doesn't tell anything about pgsql.
(I rebooted my computer.)
Please help.

Jerry Stuckle

Jun 8, 2009, 5:32:40 AM6/8/09

Do you have the Postgres client libraries installed and available to the
web server (i.e. in your PATH variable)? Did you enable the Postgres
extension (php_pgsql.dll)?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Jivanmukta

Jun 8, 2009, 7:28:53 AM6/8/09
> Do you have the Postgres client libraries installed and available to the
> web server (i.e. in your PATH variable)?

I don't have Postgres in my PATH because installer didn't add it. But
psql and pgAdmin work fine so I think I have libraries working.

> Did you enable the Postgres
> extension (php_pgsql.dll)?

I have extension=php_pgsql.dll in my php.ini, but I don't see it in
phpinfo.

Jerry Stuckle

Jun 8, 2009, 7:37:04 AM6/8/09

Just because pgAdmin works doesn't mean things are set up properly. If
the libraries are not accessible to the web server process, PHP can't
load them.

Greg Russell

Jun 8, 2009, 3:30:56 PM6/8/09
In news:64de005c-031f-4316...@f16g2000vbf.googlegroups.com,
Jivanmukta <jivan...@poczta.onet.pl> typed:

Click the Wampserver tasktray icon, select "PHP -> PHP extensions" and
verify that php_pgsql is checked.

Jerry Stuckle

Jun 8, 2009, 4:08:29 PM6/8/09

One other thing - ensure the php.ini you changed is the one listed in
phpinfo(). You may have more than one.

czar_m

Oct 20, 2010, 9:00:33 AM10/20/10
responding to
http://www.1-script.com/forums/PDO-driver-for-PostgreSQL-in-WAMP-Server-article116633--7.htm
czar_m wrote:
Hi,

I have the same problem as you, and i'm still looking for a solution...
Did you find what to do?

thanks,
C'