help smsgateway.me

Adnan Shiekh

Feb 20, 2015, 5:56:22 PM2/20/15
Hi everyone,

i want to receive a message using smsgateway.me api, i have successfully send sms, but i can't receive message.. help me in this situation.. thanks in advance

Jerry Stuckle

Feb 20, 2015, 7:25:08 PM2/20/15
On 2/20/2015 5:56 PM, Adnan Shiekh wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i want to receive a message using smsgateway.me api, i have successfully send sms, but i can't receive message.. help me in this situation.. thanks in advance

Are you sure the sms message is properly addressed to your server?

Have you checked smsgateway.me support? When working with a package,
your first line of support is almost always the support section for that
package.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Denis McMahon

Feb 20, 2015, 10:43:27 PM2/20/15
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:25:02 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> On 2/20/2015 5:56 PM, Adnan Shiekh wrote:

>> i want to receive a message using smsgateway.me api, i have
>> successfully send sms, but i can't receive message.. help me in this
>> situation.. thanks in advance

> Are you sure the sms message is properly addressed to your server?

> Have you checked smsgateway.me support? When working with a package,
> your first line of support is almost always the support section for that
> package.

I just looked at their API Jerry. It's the sort of thing I wouldn't touch
with a barge pole.

Their API works like this. You install their app on your phone. Then to
send an sms from your app on your phone, you send the sms to their
server, their server pushes it back to the app on the phone, and the app
on the phone then sends the sms from the phone.

Given that there's an api in the phone already to send an sms (which
their app uses), if you wanted to send an sms from your app, wouldn't it
make more sense to call the phone's api directly, rather than sending the
message through a third party server off the phone which simply bounces
it back to an app on the phone which calls the phone api.

I can't see the benefit to the person developing apps on a phone of
sending sms in such a convoluted manner, although I guess the people
running smsgateway.me are happily harvesting any data they can from the
sms texts passing through their system.

Daft doesn't begin to describe it. And why would you be using php to code
on an android device? It would make a lot more sense to code in java and
use the native apis.

--
Denis McMahon, denismf...@gmail.com

Jerry Stuckle

Feb 20, 2015, 10:52:27 PM2/20/15
Hi, Denis,

I looked at it briefly, but not nearly as deeply as you did. From what
you said, I agree it's pretty convoluted. However, I see they also have
a PHP driver; are there any phones out there which run PHP? Or is it
something you can put on a PC or server to send SMS messages from there
(I still don't know how you'd receive a message).

Denis McMahon

Feb 21, 2015, 1:37:32 AM2/21/15
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:52:22 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> I looked at it briefly, but not nearly as deeply as you did. From what
> you said, I agree it's pretty convoluted. However, I see they also have
> a PHP driver; are there any phones out there which run PHP? Or is it
> something you can put on a PC or server to send SMS messages from there
> (I still don't know how you'd receive a message).

Oh - yeah, maybe it's a case of using your PHP app to send and receive
messages via your phone ... that might be more useful (I did wonder about
writing apps in php on a phone).

The only way I can see to receive messages is to poll their server for
them from the php app, which would either mean running a cron job
(reliable) or relying on someone accessing the PHP code manually to
trigger a poll.

Assuming the idea is that the php would be sitting on your web server
(now makes more sense I guess) that really means a cron job to poll for
incoming messages.

But even so, assuming the phone has an ip address, it would make more
sense for a phone app and your web server to communicate directly, rather
than via a third party server.

Hang your phone off the wifi on your lan, get the phone's lan ip, tell
the api code on the webserver to make it's rpc calls to the phone ip on
whatever port the phone app listens to. Then a java app on the phone
handles the rpc calls from the webserver and interfaces with the phone's
sms api.

And a third party isn't harvesting data from your sms traffic (except for
NSA / GCHQ and the mobile network operator, but that's hard to prevent).

Writing a java app for android to listen on a nominated port, receive a
json string over tcp/ip, talk to the phone sms api and then respond with
a json string over the same tcp/ip connection wouldn't be difficult.

--
Denis McMahon, denismf...@gmail.com

Adnan Shiekh

Feb 21, 2015, 1:44:07 AM2/21/15
Hello everyone,

Thanks to all for reply , i have decided to explain my problem in detail, basically i have write a web service to send and receive sms using my android phone and if anyone can reply then my application auto reply to user, i am firstly use Smssync for this purpose but through this i can't message send successfully then i am decided to use smsgateway.me but through this api i am successfully send sms but not receive messages ,api claims to support receive messages but i have not done, if anyone can help me in this case and know better tools for this purpose please told me.... i have used in initial days EnvayaSms but i have not successfull to send sms using Envaya... thanks in advance

J.O. Aho

Feb 21, 2015, 3:58:09 AM2/21/15
On 21/02/15 07:44, Adnan Shiekh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Thanks to all for reply , i have decided to explain my problem in detail, basically i have write a web service to send and receive sms using my android phone and if anyone can reply then my application auto reply to user, i am firstly use Smssync for this purpose but through this i can't message send successfully then i am decided to use smsgateway.me but through this api i am successfully send sms but not receive messages ,api claims to support receive messages but i have not done, if anyone can help me in this case and know better tools for this purpose please told me.... i have used in initial days EnvayaSms but i have not successfull to send sms using Envaya... thanks in advance

Your web service has to ask the API to see if there is new message, you
have an example at
https://smsgateway.me/sms-api-documentation/messages/fetch-single-message

If you don't do this every X minute, you will never know that you got a
message. I recommend you to use a cron job for that part, so you need to
write a cli script and run it.

The phone will not in a magical way send a message to your script.

--

//Aho

Adnan Shiekh

Feb 21, 2015, 11:36:54 AM2/21/15
i have know about how to fetch single which one sent from my android phone but i have not any issue about sending message only problem in receiving sms. any one can tell me how to receive sms using this api.. i have try to add callbacks "Message is received" but not working.... if any body know about the better approach for this api or solution of receiving message please tell me.. thanks

Jerry Stuckle

Feb 21, 2015, 12:59:04 PM2/21/15
On 2/21/2015 11:36 AM, Adnan Shiekh wrote:
> i have know about how to fetch single which one sent from my android phone but i have not any issue about sending message only problem in receiving sms. any one can tell me how to receive sms using this api.. i have try to add callbacks "Message is received" but not working.... if any body know about the better approach for this api or solution of receiving message please tell me.. thanks

Try asking the people who wrote the API. They know their code better
than anyone else. I don't think anyone here is going to spend the hours
necessary to understand the API. After all, we're all volunteers.

Allodoxaphobia

Feb 21, 2015, 2:25:40 PM2/21/15
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:52:22 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> I looked at it briefly, but not nearly as deeply as you did. From what
> you said, I agree it's pretty convoluted. However, I see they also have
> a PHP driver; are there any phones out there which run PHP?

> is it(? Is here...)
> something you can put on a PC or server to send SMS messages from there

http://textbelt.com/

See also for comments/discussion/examples:;

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=curl+textbelt

> (I still don't know how you'd receive a message).

True.
However, some cell service prividers permit texting to email addys.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | OS/2

Denis McMahon

Feb 21, 2015, 9:07:24 PM2/21/15
It looks like the callback is meant to be a page on your web server that
the smsgateway.me requests to inform you that there is a message.

You want a php script on your webserver that might contain something like
the following code:

<?php

$mysecret = '<your api callback secret>';

if ($_POST['secret'] == $mysecret) {

switch($_POST['event']) {

case 'Received':
// an sms was received
// process received message
break;

case 'Sent':
// an sms was sent
break;

case 'Update':
// there was an update
break;

default:
// this should never happen
error_log('bad api callback event received in smscallback.php', 0);
}

}
else {
// record in your log that the secret was wrong
error_log('bad api callback secret received in smscallback.php', 0);
}

Then you log in to your account at smsgateway.me, you go to the events
page, you set up a callback event for received messages, you use the http
method, you set the secret to <your api callback secret> and you set the
http url to http://your-web-server-address/path/to/smscallback.php

This will inly work if the smsgateway.me server can connect to

http://your-web-server-address/path/to/smscallback.php

If you are working from home with dynamic ip on adsl you will have all
sorts of network configuration issues to resolve, none of which are
relevant to the php newsgroup.

--
Denis McMahon, denismf...@gmail.com

Adnan Shiekh

Feb 22, 2015, 10:25:48 AM2/22/15
thanks Denis alot...nice to meet you..:)

khu...@itlinkonline.com

Jul 1, 2017, 2:26:57 AM7/1/17
Hi i am new in programming
i want to send sms using smsgateway.me Api

Here is my code:
include "smsGateway.php";
$smsGateway = new SmsGateway('de...@gmail.com', 'admin');

$deviceID = xxxxx;
$number = '+xxxxxxxxxxxx';
$message = 'Hello World!';

$options = [
'send_at' => strtotime('+1 minutes'), // Send the message in 10 minutes
'expires_at' => strtotime('+1 hour') // Cancel the message in 1 hour if the message is not yet sent
];

//Please note options is no required and can be left out
//$result = $smsGateway->sendMessageToNumber($number, $message, $deviceID, $options);
$result = $smsGateway->sendMessageToNumber($number, $message, $deviceID);
echo json_encode($result);

i think my code is ok but i am getting this response

{"response":false,"status":0}

please help me

J.O. Aho

Jul 1, 2017, 2:34:56 AM7/1/17
On 07/01/17 08:26, khu...@itlinkonline.com wrote:
> Hi i am new in programming
> i want to send sms using smsgateway.me Api

I suggest you visit the following page:
https://smsgateway.me/contact-us

and ask for help there, as I doubt there is anyone who has used the API
in question and can answer you questions.

--

//Aho

denispe...@gmail.com

May 19, 2018, 2:53:40 AM5/19/18
{"response":false,"status":0} means you are not connected to the internet ... connect and try again

nguyenp...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2019, 4:13:42 AM2/22/19
Vào 05:56:22 UTC+7 Thứ Bảy, ngày 21 tháng 2 năm 2015, Albertestein đã viết:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i want to receive a message using smsgateway.me api, i have successfully send sms, but i can't receive message.. help me in this situation.. thanks in advance

,php it ok but this javascript send sms not run :

var p = {
"phone1": "9999999999",
"phone2": "8888888888"
};

for (var key in p) {
if (p.hasOwnProperty(key)) {
var phone_number = p[key];
var message = "Test SMS";
var device_id = 1;
var obj = [{
"phone_number": phone_number,
"message": message,
"device_id": device_id
}];
var mydata = JSON.stringify(obj);
var settings = {
"async": true,
"crossDomain": true,
"url": "https://smsgateway.me/api/v4/message/send",
"method": "POST",
"headers": {
"Authorization": "MY_API_KEY",
"Content-Type": "application/json",
},
"processData": false,
data: mydata
}
$.ajax(settings).done(function(response) {
console.log(response);
});
}
}

Jerry Stuckle

Feb 22, 2019, 9:35:25 AM2/22/19
Try a javascript newsgroup. This one is for PHP help.

qli...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 12:16:49 AM5/20/19
On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 5:56:22 AM UTC+7, Albertestein wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i want to receive a message using smsgateway.me api, i have successfully send sms, but i can't receive message.. help me in this situation.. thanks in advance

Dear Sir,
I have some problem while tried to login into smsgateway.me
I've input right credentials but that site still show incorrect username/password.
also i couldn't receive any email for reset password.
Thank you a lot

Jerry Stuckle

May 20, 2019, 10:44:35 AM5/20/19
Are you using PHP? This is a PHP support group.

qli...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 12:01:44 PM5/20/19
Yes, I'm using lumen.
i'm tried to reset my password, but it's still not worked.
while I've tried on smsgateway.me apk, it's worked.
note : i'm tried login via browser, it's shown incorrect username/password
thanks a lot

Jerry Stuckle

May 20, 2019, 12:07:09 PM5/20/19
OK, what have you tried so far?

But if your browser is also saying incorrect username/password you need
to correct that first. Start by ensuring your credentials are correct.

dimitri...@visitonweb.com

May 20, 2019, 12:10:55 PM5/20/19
It seems that smsgateway.me is dead. Their services stop to work from may 4th. Nobody answer to email nor on github :-(.

Regards

qli...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 12:19:05 PM5/20/19
On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 11:10:55 PM UTC+7, dimitr...@visitonweb.com wrote:
> It seems that smsgateway.me is dead. Their services stop to work from may 4th. Nobody answer to email nor on github :-(.
>
> Regards

Maybe, but they API still worked on smsgateway.me apk v4.1.1.
really it's weird while opening with Web Dev Tools, it shown, they use angular.
also while opening contact-us and tried send email, result was invalid, it shown some error on console.
smsgateway.me i've thought best idea for helping as message service provider than other.

qli...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 12:20:39 PM5/20/19
I'm sure that my credentials was fine and correctly.
I don't know what kind to do.

Jerry Stuckle

May 20, 2019, 3:58:02 PM5/20/19
On 5/20/2019 12:20 PM, qli...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm sure that my credentials was fine and correctly.
> I don't know what kind to do.

Well, if your credentials aren't working from your browser I wouldn't
expect them to work from your app.

The first thing to do is to ensure you can log into your account. I
think you probably need to contact the smsgateway support group to find
out why your credentials aren't working.

qli...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 6:54:58 PM5/20/19
May I know where i could contact them ?
Thank you

Martin Gregorie

May 20, 2019, 7:15:29 PM5/20/19
https://smsgateway.me/ and go to Contacts

That took me about 5 seconds to find.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

qli...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 8:45:47 PM5/20/19
I've already did that, may i know when you successed sent ?
Thank you

Jerry Stuckle

May 20, 2019, 10:09:34 PM5/20/19
That's their contact email. We can't help you if they don't respond.

They know their system. We don't.

andrep...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2019, 3:09:52 PM6/11/19
Do you know if there another app similar to this one? it was quite handy (and free) for sending out sms's throw web...

Jerry Stuckle

Jun 12, 2019, 10:32:07 AM6/12/19
> Do you know if there another app similar to this one? it was quite handy (and free) for sending out sms's throw web...

I would have no idea. I don't use apps. I send SMS messages via email.
Every major cell provider in the United States has a means of doing
it. You just need the provider.

That's what places like this use.

qli...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2019, 2:32:49 PM6/12/19
oday, I've found that smsgateway service was down. their https was expired.
I've used envayaSMS for replacing smsgateway.me
for other free, possible use Semysms.net
Thank you a lot

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2019, 1:08:41 AM6/15/19
The have fixed thd https issue. They are back online. I have been using them for Outgoing and incoming SMS for about a year now.Their service is great!

dhak...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 12:28:49 PM6/28/19
On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 11:08:41 AM UTC+6, tim.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> The have fixed thd https issue. They are back online. I have been using them for Outgoing and incoming SMS for about a year now.Their service is great!

Bro, Still Now this problem: Incorrect username / password

Jerry Stuckle

Jun 28, 2019, 11:16:52 PM6/28/19
You need to contact the site's help team. No one here can help you.

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 3:32:56 AM7/28/19
I really need to contact the site's team. Who can assist with that?

Luuk

Jul 28, 2019, 5:16:49 AM7/28/19
On 28-7-2019 09:32, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
> I really need to contact the site's team. Who can assist with that?

What about the link 'Contact' at the bottom of their website?

It goes to: https://smsgateway.me/contact-sms-gateway-me

--
Luuk

J.O. Aho

Jul 28, 2019, 5:45:20 AM7/28/19
On 28/07/2019 09.32, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
> I really need to contact the site's team. Who can assist with that?

Try https://smsgateway.me/contact-sms-gateway-me

There is nothing else we can help you with when it comes to contacting
them, maybe there was a contact email address in the registration reply
email you got, but I don't havbe access to your mail account so I can't
check that.

--

//Aho

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 1:26:42 PM7/28/19
I have tried the form on their site and everyone means possible. Still no response.

Lew Pitcher

Jul 28, 2019, 2:13:53 PM7/28/19
tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:

> I really need to contact the site's team. Who can assist with that?

I moused around the smsgateway.me site, and followed links to their public
github repository. There, in the comments on the client-php component, were
recent complaints that smsgateway.me "service is dead from 5th of may".

smsgateway.me has published it's mailing address in it's privacy policy. You
might try sending a letter there. Otherwise, you might be able to track down
the person or people who have posted updates to the smsgatewayme github
repository.

However, bye and large, I'd say that smsgateway.me is in trouble, and you
should look to another solution if you can.

HTH
--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 5:28:21 PM7/28/19
I appreciate the detailed response. Smsgateway provide a service others don't; They push message to the android device and dont rely fully on device polling from server.
I read somewhere they use FCM to achieve this which is great.
They are still up and running by the way.
My problem is the downtime they sometimes have.

Arno Welzel

Jul 29, 2019, 4:17:43 AM7/29/19
On 28.07.19 23:28, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:

> I appreciate the detailed response. Smsgateway provide a service
> others don't; They push message to the android device and dont rely
> fully on device polling from server.
[...]

SMS is *always* "pushed" to the devices. That's how SMS works.

If you are looking for an alternative: applications using GCM (Google
Cloud Messaging) also don't rely on polling. Most messengers use GCM
nowadays. Some messengers like WhatsApp or Line also provide APIs for
providers to send messages as well - so you don't need your own app but
can also offer users to subscribe your notification service using
WhatsApp or Line.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2019, 4:29:49 AM7/29/19
Let me give you a brief of what smsmessenger does. It allows you send SMS via a web app or API. The message goes through an android device.

Other services I have used save the message in an online DB, Then the android device polls the
Message from the online DB at intervals.

But with smsmessenger. Once the message is posted via API, it forwards it to the android device.

Arno Welzel

Jul 29, 2019, 9:26:12 AM7/29/19
Yes - that how SMS *always* works - that's nothing special with
smsgateway.me. *Every* SMS provider works this way.

There are many others also:

<https://blog.rapidapi.com/sms-apis-send-texts/>

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2019, 9:39:53 AM7/29/19
I am familiar with the traditional SMS providers. What SMSgateway does is to send the message not to the subscriber, but to the connected android devices.
The message is queued as a regular SMS from a phone and is sent using the SIM inside the android device

Jerry Stuckle

Jul 29, 2019, 10:38:17 AM7/29/19
On 7/29/2019 9:39 AM, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am familiar with the traditional SMS providers. What SMSgateway does is to send the message not to the subscriber, but to the connected android devices.
> The message is queued as a regular SMS from a phone and is sent using the SIM inside the android device

As Arno said - that's the way EVERY SMS provider works. SMS is a push
protocol, not poll.

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2019, 12:54:33 PM7/29/19
Kindly read on alternatives to SMSgateway and understand about Android gateways.
1. Evanya SMS (depreciated)
2. Telerivet (quite expensive)
They dont sell SMS, they provide their application as a service.
If you understand this, kindly suggest other alternatives

J.O. Aho

Jul 29, 2019, 1:42:32 PM7/29/19
On 29/07/2019 18.54, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
> 1. Evanya SMS (depreciated)
> 2. Telerivet (quite expensive)
> They dont sell SMS, they provide their application as a service.

Install kdeconnect on your phone and on your computer and something like
this:

kdeconnect-cli --destination 555555555 --send-sms write something here

No need of PHP, but sure you can make a PHP wrapper.

--

//Aho

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2019, 1:52:08 PM7/29/19
Great. I just scrolled through. I will read more on it. Thanks.
I'd appreciate any other alternative to compare.

J.O. Aho

Jul 29, 2019, 2:28:16 PM7/29/19
On 29/07/2019 19.52, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
> Great. I just scrolled through. I will read more on it. Thanks.
> I'd appreciate any other alternative to compare.

You can also use the adb from the android sdk, see the
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17580199/sending-a-sms-on-android-through-adb
answer at stackoverflow.

--

//Aho

Jerry Stuckle

Jul 29, 2019, 11:22:01 PM7/29/19
As for an alternative - I use email. Every provider in the U.S. has a
means of sending SMS messages via email. You do need to know the
provider - but it's simple to ask.

But then I also don't send a lot of SMS messages. Customers don't like it.

Jerry Stuckle

Jul 29, 2019, 11:23:21 PM7/29/19
On 7/29/2019 12:54 PM, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
I don't care what your alternatives to smsgateway are. I know how the
SMS protocol works - it is a push protocol. No application can change
how that works, any more than an application can change how tcp/ip works
at the hardware level.
Message has been deleted

tim.so...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2019, 1:00:33 AM7/30/19
Aho, can you assist in explaning to Jerry what I intend to achieve please.
He don't seem to understand.

Jerry, I am not talking about the SMS protocol being poll.
I am talking about transmitting the message from the computer to the android gateway.
The android gateway then sends the SMS using the normal protocol you have explained to the recipient.
I keep trying to explain this to you.
I would appreciate you do more research for knowledge purpose. This will increase the value of your response.

Aho understands what I am trying to achieve and provided two solutions for me to look through.

J.O. Aho

Jul 30, 2019, 1:15:57 AM7/30/19
On 30/07/2019 06.53, bolfe...@gmail.com wrote:
> Aho, can you assist in explaning to Jerry what I intend to achieve please.

Use an android phone to send SMS automatically, kind of like apache
camel, but instead of directly going to a SMSC he needs to use the phone
he has with it's subscription to send SMS.

Arno Welzel

Jul 30, 2019, 5:51:13 AM7/30/19
Thanks for the clarification. There is also a diagram explaining that:

<https://smsgateway.me/what-is-sms-gateway-api>

Arno Welzel

Jul 30, 2019, 5:53:10 AM7/30/19
On 29.07.19 16:38, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 7/29/2019 9:39 AM, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I am familiar with the traditional SMS providers. What SMSgateway does is to send the message not to the subscriber, but to the connected android devices.
>> The message is queued as a regular SMS from a phone and is sent using the SIM inside the android device
>>

> As Arno said - that's the way EVERY SMS provider works. SMS is a push
> protocol, not poll.

SMS itself is of course always push. But there are different methods to
get SMS send.

My misunderstanding was, that smsgateway uses their own infrastructure
to send SMS - but in fact smsgateway uses the Android devices of the
customer to send the SMS:

<https://smsgateway.me/what-is-sms-gateway-api>

Arno Welzel

Jul 30, 2019, 5:55:36 AM7/30/19
On 30.07.19 07:00, tim.so...@gmail.com wrote:

> Aho, can you assist in explaning to Jerry what I intend to achieve please.
> He don't seem to understand.
>
> Jerry, I am not talking about the SMS protocol being poll.
> I am talking about transmitting the message from the computer to the android gateway.
> The android gateway then sends the SMS using the normal protocol you have explained to the recipient.
> I keep trying to explain this to you.
> I would appreciate you do more research for knowledge purpose. This will increase the value of your response.

You could create an app for Android which accepts incoming messages by a
server to send SMS. Sending SMS using an app is no problem - but this
requires knowledge in how to create an Android app of course.

Jerry Stuckle

Jul 30, 2019, 10:50:22 AM7/30/19
I understand that. But he can still use email to send the SMS messages.
He has to use an external site anyway, which obviously is not stable.
He might as well send it via email.

I just don't know of any API available to send directly from the phone
like the internal texting does.

Jerry Stuckle

Jul 30, 2019, 10:52:27 AM7/30/19
See my response to J.O.

J.O. Aho

Jul 30, 2019, 1:40:41 PM7/30/19
On 30/07/2019 16.50, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 7/30/2019 1:15 AM, J.O. Aho wrote:
>> On 30/07/2019 06.53, bolfe...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Aho, can you assist in explaning to Jerry what I intend to achieve
>>> please.
>>
>> Use an android phone to send SMS automatically, kind of like apache
>> camel, but instead of directly going to a SMSC he needs to use the
>> phone he has with it's subscription to send SMS.
>>

> I understand that.  But he can still use email to send the SMS messages.
>  He has to use an external site anyway, which obviously is not stable.
> He might as well send it via email.

I think you need to install an app on the Android phone, which opens a
API that can be accessed from the outside and the php code then send the
email from the phone. Not sure if there is a pass-trough via the
smsgateways server or not, don't really care.

> I just don't know of any API available to send directly from the phone
> like the internal texting does.

kdeconnect can give you similar feature, requires you to install
application on your computer and phone and allows you to send sms from
the computer (only requires the phone to vbe connected to the same network).

Android SDK's adb allows you to send SMS from a computer connected to
the phone, but requires you to enable developer mode on the phone.

Not much to do with PHP at all, so I guess we can drop this part of the
thread.

--

//Aho