myPMPAdmin & Local Website Setup

Hari Thapliyal

Mar 15, 2016, 4:16:12 AM3/15/16
Dear Friends,

Background

I have a Joomla and WordPress website on HostGator. For this, I wanted to create a dev env on my machine so followed the instruction of this (http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-mar-2013/item/1110-free-e-book-%E2%80%93-introducing-joomla-30-made-easy) article and installed XAMPP Apache + MariaDB + PHP + Perl. myPHPAdmin Version information: 4.5.1

I also installed joomla3.4 and WordPress 4.4.2.3. My machine already has JDK 8u74.

I took complete website back from Hostgator. Downloaded the backup on my machine. Unzipped file a folder.

My local folder is c:\xampp

Problem.
I want to setup the dev env on my local machine please let me know in "what" directory I should copy my "what" backup files.

FYI I have done restore of wordpress and jommla database. But there is restoring problem for a wordpress database which is 1.5 MB in size after Zipping. Please me know how to handle this sizing issue also.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards
Hari

Jerry Stuckle

Mar 15, 2016, 9:01:59 AM3/15/16
Your PHP question is?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

bit-n...@hotmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 9:41:20 AM3/15/16
I have NO experience with these CMSs, and indeed all this stuff in general, so I may be wrong, but - what you're probably looking for is Apache's DocumentRoot. Look for something resembling this in your httpd.conf .
It USED to be /var/www/html in CentOS if I'm not mistaken, no idea what it is now.

Just tryna help, ya know? :)

Oh, and please do everyone a favour and switch to Linux :) It benefits everybody.

Hari Thapliyal

Mar 15, 2016, 1:55:09 PM3/15/16
Hello Jerry,

My PHP question is
To create Development Environment in which directory I should put my Joomla and wordpress folders which I have downloaded from my live website.

I have restored wordpress and joomla DB on my local mySQL. But when I put my joomla and wordpress folder into C:\xampp\htdocs then it is not working. Is there any php config issue or my I putting this in wrong folder.

Regards
Hari

Jerry Stuckle

Mar 15, 2016, 2:41:01 PM3/15/16
On 3/15/2016 1:55 PM, Hari Thapliyal wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 6:31:59 PM UTC+5:30, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 3/15/2016 4:16 AM, Hari Thapliyal wrote:
>>> Dear Friends,
>>>
>>> Background
>>>
>>> I have a Joomla and WordPress website on HostGator. For this, I wanted to create a dev env on my machine so followed the instruction of this (http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-mar-2013/item/1110-free-e-book-%E2%80%93-introducing-joomla-30-made-easy) article and installed XAMPP Apache + MariaDB + PHP + Perl. myPHPAdmin Version information: 4.5.1
>>>
>>> I also installed joomla3.4 and WordPress 4.4.2.3. My machine already has JDK 8u74.
>>>
>>> I took complete website back from Hostgator. Downloaded the backup on my machine. Unzipped file a folder.
>>>
>>> My local folder is c:\xampp
>>>
>>> Problem.
>>> I want to setup the dev env on my local machine please let me know in "what" directory I should copy my "what" backup files.
>>>
>>> FYI I have done restore of wordpress and jommla database. But there is restoring problem for a wordpress database which is 1.5 MB in size after Zipping. Please me know how to handle this sizing issue also.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Warm Regards
>>> Hari
>>>

>> Your PHP question is?
>>

> Hello Jerry,
>
> My PHP question is
> To create Development Environment in which directory I should put my Joomla and wordpress folders which I have downloaded from my live website.
>
> I have restored wordpress and joomla DB on my local mySQL. But when I put my joomla and wordpress folder into C:\xampp\htdocs then it is not working. Is there any php config issue or my I putting this in wrong folder.
>
> Regards
> Hari

I see nothing to do with PHP in your question. It is all about your
installation and your CMS's.

Arno Welzel

Mar 16, 2016, 12:06:18 AM3/16/16
Hari Thapliyal schrieb am 2016-03-15 um 18:55:

[...]
> My PHP question is To create Development Environment in which
> directory I should put my Joomla and wordpress folders which I have
> downloaded from my live website.

Which has nothing to do with PHP itself - it's about how to install
Joomla and WordPress.

> I have restored wordpress and joomla DB on my local mySQL. But when I
> put my joomla and wordpress folder into C:\xampp\htdocs then it is
> not working. Is there any php config issue or my I putting this in
> wrong folder.

"Not working" can be everything.

See the manuals of Joomla and WordPress for further information:

<https://docs.joomla.org/Main_Page>
<https://codex.wordpress.org/>

--
Arno Welzel