simple link won't show

richard

Mar 26, 2014, 2:51:48 PM3/26/14

$t=$row['title'];
echo "<td>";
echo "<a href='#'>.$t.</a>";

http://mroldies.net/dailyplayer.php

I have tried numerous combinations of single and double quotes and I the
link still will not show up.While on my main page, and elsewhere, they show
up just fine. What am I missing?

It's time to laugh and bash stupid.
So go for it boys. Give it your best.

Scott Johnson

Mar 26, 2014, 4:04:21 PM3/26/14
look at your source code in the browser and it may become evident.

Scotty

richard

Mar 26, 2014, 6:23:39 PM3/26/14
The big problem for me was the damned caching.
I deleted the code for the table, uploaded the page and I was still seeing
the old table.

Norman Peelman

Mar 26, 2014, 8:02:07 PM3/26/14
Are you sure $row['title'] is not blank? Even so, that code works
here and if it were blank you should still see:

in the source. That being said, are you really after:

echo "<a href='#'>".$t."</a>";

or

echo "<a href='#'>$t</a>";

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062

Denis McMahon

Mar 26, 2014, 8:54:06 PM3/26/14
A couple of suggestions.

When creating a large table, write a newline character after the closing
tag of every tr.

Use htmlspecialchars or htmlentities to preprocess text that you are
inserting into a web page. If your original data has a combination of
escaped and unescaped ampersands, you may need to set the double_encode
param to false.

Use a lang attribute for your html element.

Use utf-8.

--
Denis McMahon, denismf...@gmail.com

Jerry Stuckle