PHP 5.6.12 compilation difficulties

The Doctor

Aug 8, 2015, 8:11:30 PM8/8/15
All right.

I have just compiles Mysql 5.5 current correctly

and when I try to get a PDO configured, I get

checking for MySQL support for PDO... yes
checking for mysql_config... /usr/contrib/bin/mysql_config
checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
configure: error: PDO_MYSQL configure failed, MySQL 4.1 needed. Please check config.log for more information.

Why is this happening when mysql_commit is present in
libmysqlclient dot a and dot so
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for Stephen to move on on Oct 19 2015!!

Matthew Carter

Aug 8, 2015, 9:17:20 PM8/8/15
doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:

> All right.
>
> I have just compiles Mysql 5.5 current correctly
>
> and when I try to get a PDO configured, I get
>
> checking for MySQL support for PDO... yes
> checking for mysql_config... /usr/contrib/bin/mysql_config
> checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... no
> checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
> configure: error: PDO_MYSQL configure failed, MySQL 4.1 needed. \
> Please check config.log for more information.
>
> Why is this happening when mysql_commit is present in
> libmysqlclient dot a and dot so

Doctor who?

--
Matthew Carter (m...@ahungry.com)
http://ahungry.com

The Doctor

Aug 9, 2015, 12:01:17 AM8/9/15
Ha! Ha!

>--
>Matthew Carter (m...@ahungry.com)
>http://ahungry.com

J.O. Aho

Aug 9, 2015, 2:58:58 AM8/9/15
On 08/09/2015 02:11 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> All right.
>
> I have just compiles Mysql 5.5 current correctly
>
> and when I try to get a PDO configured, I get
>
> checking for MySQL support for PDO... yes
> checking for mysql_config... /usr/contrib/bin/mysql_config
> checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... no
> checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
> configure: error: PDO_MYSQL configure failed, MySQL 4.1 needed. Please check config.log for more information.
>
> Why is this happening when mysql_commit is present in
> libmysqlclient dot a and dot so

When you run the ./configure script, you need to tell where the binaries
are installed, this includes the full path to the mysql_config which you
want to use, as it seems your php has found the mysql which is
installed, not the one you compiled.

Run: ./configure --help
to see all the options that can be tweaked.

My recommendation is that you make a new installation of a
rolling-distribution instead, this way you will be able to update all
the time and don't have to compile anything, unless you want more
control and then you should go for a meta distribution like Funtoo or
SourgeMage.

--

//Aho

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Aug 9, 2015, 5:05:17 AM8/9/15
Matthew Carter wrote:

> Doctor who?

+1

--
PointedEars
Zend Certified PHP Engineer

The Doctor

Aug 9, 2015, 8:08:03 AM8/9/15
In article <d2oc19...@mid.individual.net>,
My configuration script is

LIBS="-lc" ./configure \
--prefix=/usr/contrib \
--localstatedir=/var \
--htmldir=/var/www/docs/php \
--enable-re2c-cgoto \
--with-apxs2=/usr/contrib/bin/apxs \
--with-libxml-dir=/usr/contrib \
--with-openssl=/usr/contrib \
--with-zlib=/usr \
--with-bz2=shared,/usr/contrib \
--enable-bcmath \
--enable-calendar \
--with-curl=/usr/contrib \
--with-db4=/usr/contrib \
--with-pcre-dir=/usr/contrib \
--with-openssl-dir=/usr/contrib \
--with-gd --enable-fpm \
--with-gettext=/usr \
--with-gmp=shared,/usr \
--with-mhash=/usr \
--with-imap-ssl=/usr/source/imap-2007f \
--enable-mbstring \
--with-onig=/usr/contrib \
--with-mcrypt=shared,/usr/contrib \
--with-mysql=/usr/contrib \
--with-pdo-mysql=/usr/contrib \
--with-mysql-sock=/tmp/mysql.sock \
--with-zlib-dir=/usr \
--with-iodbc=shared,/usr/contrib \
--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr/contrib \
--enable-opcache=no --enable-pcntl=no \
--with-pdo-mysql=/usr/contrib \
--with-pgsql=/usr/contrib/pgsql/ \
--without-mm \
--disable-sockets \
--enable-soap \
--enable-sysvmsg \
--enable-sysvsem \
--enable-sysvshm \
--with-xsl=shared,/usr/contrib \
--enable-zip \
--with-pcre-dir=/usr/contrib \
--with-pear=/usr/contrib \
--with-tsrm-pthreads \
--enable-shared=yes \
--enable-static=no \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-pic

J.O. Aho

Aug 9, 2015, 12:25:46 PM8/9/15
On 08/09/2015 02:08 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <d2oc19...@mid.individual.net>,
> J.O. Aho <us...@example.net> wrote:
>> On 08/09/2015 02:11 AM, The Doctor wrote:
>>> All right.
>>>
>>> I have just compiles Mysql 5.5 current correctly
>>>
>>> and when I try to get a PDO configured, I get
>>>
>>> checking for MySQL support for PDO... yes
>>> checking for mysql_config... /usr/contrib/bin/mysql_config
>>> checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... no
>>> checking for mysql_commit in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
>>> configure: error: PDO_MYSQL configure failed, MySQL 4.1 needed. Please check config.log for more information.

What do you get when running "/usr/contrib/bin/mysql_config --version",
could be that your mysql ain't properly built.

Still instead of having these issues, go for a rolling distribution or
use a meta-distribution if you need some unusual options.

--

//Aho