criticism wanted

Bigos

Mar 26, 2017, 5:58:05 PM3/26/17
I was experimenting with Hunchentoot.

This is the repo:
https://github.com/bigos/my-routes

Can somebody have a look and advice me about better way of defining routes?

I have seen other examples but they seemed for me to complex to
understand. I was looking for something simple yet useful for practical
purposes.

Dimitri Fontaine

Mar 28, 2017, 5:27:50 PM3/28/17
Bigos <ruby....@googlemail.com> writes:
> Can somebody have a look and advice me about better way of defining routes?

I like simple-routes, that I fixed in pgcharts (and other projects):

https://github.com/dimitri/pgcharts/tree/master/lib
https://github.com/dimitri/tapoueh.org/tree/master/lisp/lib

Regards,
--
dim

Bigos

Mar 28, 2017, 6:17:29 PM3/28/17
I had problems with simple routes and decided to try my own solution.

In my opinion simple-routes is too complicated and it would be hard to
expand. However I am a Lisp youngling, so I might be wrong.

What I did uses a different approach. I hope I have managed to achieve
something similar to simple-routes with less code and closer adherence
to Hunchentoot documentation. Perhaps, at the moment the last thing was
most important to me.

As a bonus I can just save the file, do
(ql:quickload :my-routes)
and the new routes will work. Before I had to restart lisp to make it work.

Dimitri Fontaine

Mar 29, 2017, 3:13:33 AM3/29/17
Bigos <ruby....@googlemail.com> writes:
> and the new routes will work. Before I had to restart lisp to make it work.

That's one of the things I fixed in my local copy. You can just evaluate
the routes definitions (usually in Slime with C-M-x) and test them
already.

--
dim

Bigos

Mar 29, 2017, 5:22:30 AM3/29/17
That was not obvious to me and I didn't fully understand your fixes.

I'm still learning and I believe that the effort spent in learning to
program my own solution has improved my understanding of Hunchentoot.

My solution is significantly shorter, but still doesn't implement
handling of http verbs like get and put. Adding it should not be a big
problem.

Having said that I still have learned a lot from simple-routes and my
code would no be written like this without having a chance to look at
its solution.

Bigos

Mar 29, 2017, 1:23:11 PM3/29/17
I have added handling of http verbs.

Robert L.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:49:50 PM3/29/17
On 3/26/2017, Bigos wrote:

> to complex to understand

too complex to understand

Understand?

Bigos

Mar 30, 2017, 8:29:20 AM3/30/17
Everybody can make a typing mistake. Even a monkey can fall down off the
tree.

Bigos

Mar 30, 2017, 8:32:06 AM3/30/17
On 30/03/17 00:49, Robert L. wrote:
It is still a criticism, but I was hoping people would point out errors
in my Lisp code.

Marco Antoniotti

Mar 30, 2017, 1:54:04 PM3/30/17
That was not criticism. That was trolling. Do not feed the trolls :) :) :) (Even if sometimes it is fun :) )

MA

Kaz Kylheku

Mar 30, 2017, 2:54:18 PM3/30/17
On 2017-03-30, Marco Antoniotti <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That was not criticism. That was trolling.

No it wasn't. We haven't had proper trolling in comp.lang.lisp
since, oh, Jon Harrop?

Spelling flames are something I hazily remember from a few
anklebyter-infested BBS's circa 1984 in the Toronto area.

Bigos

Mar 30, 2017, 6:38:24 PM3/30/17
I have started an experiment with another project using my little library.
https://github.com/bigos/spa-five/blob/master/src/routes.lisp

So far I didn't encounter major problems.

Marco Antoniotti

Mar 31, 2017, 4:48:21 AM3/31/17
On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 8:54:18 PM UTC+2, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On 2017-03-30, Marco Antoniotti <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That was not criticism. That was trolling.
>
> No it wasn't. We haven't had proper trolling in comp.lang.lisp
> since, oh, Jon Harrop?

I indulge in self-trolling the community :) Does that count? :)

> Spelling flames are something I hazily remember from a few
> anklebyter-infested BBS's circa 1984 in the Toronto area.

:)

MA