Google Code Jam

Milkman

Apr 11, 2014, 12:05:14 PM4/11/14
Anyone here going to participate?

There is some good boilerplate for past codejams done in CL on github,
for those of us newbs looking to get our feet wet.

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Apr 11, 2014, 3:04:54 PM4/11/14
Lisp is the anti-boilerplate programming language par exellence.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/

Marco Antoniotti

Apr 12, 2014, 7:27:27 AM4/12/14
On Friday, April 11, 2014 9:04:54 PM UTC+2, informatimago wrote:
> Milkman <Milkman@.com> writes:
>
> > Anyone here going to participate?
> >
> > There is some good boilerplate for past codejams done in CL on github,
> > for those of us newbs looking to get our feet wet.
>
> Lisp is the anti-boilerplate programming language par exellence.

+1

MA

Elias Mårtenson

Apr 17, 2014, 11:19:20 AM4/17/14
I didn't participate this year but I have participated several years prior to that. I've always written my entries in Common Lisp and I can assure you that no boilerplate is needed.

All you do is WITH-OPEN-FILE and a bunch of calls to READ to get the data.

Milkman

Apr 18, 2014, 11:42:35 AM4/18/14
It appears that my definition of boilerplate is a little naive. My
point was that I'd had trouble understanding how to structure a small
application like this when I was new, and it provided a good example.