Announcement: Common Lisp summary

Blake McBride

May 30, 2016, 5:24:49 PM5/30/16
I put together a brief summary of the Common Lisp language. It is very
far from a summary of complete Common Lisp. Rather, it is intended to
be enough to get started. Also, it is not intended to teach Common
Lisp, but rather help remind one who already knows the basics.

I bounce around among many languages both professionally and privately.
I've created summaries like this to help me when I bounce back into a
language I hadn't used in a while. I find it very helpful.

It is at: http://wiki.arahant.com/files/CommonLisp.pdf

You can find other technical summaries I've published at:
http://wiki.arahant.com/wiki/

Blake McBride

Pascal J. Bourguignon

May 30, 2016, 6:26:50 PM5/30/16
I hope you know we already have a CL cheat sheet.
http://clqr.boundp.org/download.html

Blake McBride

May 30, 2016, 6:59:53 PM5/30/16
On 05/30/2016 05:26 PM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Blake McBride <blak...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I put together a brief summary of the Common Lisp language. It is
>> very far from a summary of complete Common Lisp. Rather, it is
>> intended to be enough to get started. Also, it is not intended to
>> teach Common Lisp, but rather help remind one who already knows the
>> basics.
>>
>> I bounce around among many languages both professionally and
>> privately. I've created summaries like this to help me when I bounce
>> back into a language I hadn't used in a while. I find it very
>> helpful.
>>
>> It is at: http://wiki.arahant.com/files/CommonLisp.pdf
>>
>> You can find other technical summaries I've published at:
>> http://wiki.arahant.com/wiki/
>>
>> Blake McBride
>
> I hope you know we already have a CL cheat sheet.
> http://clqr.boundp.org/download.html

Yes, I was aware of it. However, it was too terse and exhaustive for my
purposes.

Thanks!

Blake

Barry Margolin

May 30, 2016, 9:12:23 PM5/30/16
In article <fqqdnVyFbp94WNHK...@supernews.com>,
That sounds like a contradiciton, but I see your point. It covers just
about everything, but the description of each operation is very terse.
Your summary omits many of the less used features, but has a little
longer description of those things it covers.

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Antsan

May 31, 2016, 3:20:40 AM5/31/16
You've got an error in your type list:
There is no object that has the type NIL. The type containing NIL is called
NULL.

Is there a reason you omit the CONS type? For writing generic functions it seems
more important to know about NULL and CONS than to know about LIST. Actually I
cannot remember ever using the LIST type at all.

Blake McBride

May 31, 2016, 8:21:16 AM5/31/16
Sounds like these are errors on my part. I'll look into it.

Thank you.

Blake

Blake McBride

May 31, 2016, 8:22:43 AM5/31/16
You've got it. Suits my purpose better. I have a sense of what is
available and can look up the details on those more rare occasions.

Thanks.

Blake

davego...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 7:03:44 AM6/2/16
Just what I needed right now - thanks a lot for making this!

Blake McBride

Jun 9, 2016, 9:36:51 PM6/9/16
I made corrections to the errors you pointed out, plus I added sections
for macros and structures.

Thank.

Blake McBride

a.daniel...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 4:15:45 PM6/27/16
On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 5:24:49 PM UTC-4, Blake McBride wrote:
> You can find other technical summaries I've published at:
> http://wiki.arahant.com/wiki/

Looks really good - I bookmarked it.

Marco Antoniotti

Jun 28, 2016, 12:43:21 PM6/28/16
Looks good. Just one thing I found immediately. CL accepts also properly nested "parenthesized" comments via #| ... |#.

Cheers
--
MA